Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road Trip?

• 23-03-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to go to the Nurburgring during the Summer, has anybody done it before*? Would you do it again? Would you come with me? :P

*Looking at you, ProjectGTR.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I haven't done it myself, but there are a few lads from torque heading over during the summer. They have a good bit of info regarding times, costs etc

http://www.torque-irl.com/showthread.php?t=10827

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Shall sign up later, I don't wanna feel a fool among higher power cars within the group, so I initially planned on doing it with myself and my Dad, but wouldnt mind a few others within boards or so, or friends :o
    1.3 Civic like, but still, want to experience it in any car I can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

All the lads on torque are a sound bunch so you've nothin to worry about there. There was one person in a 1.4 civic thinking about joining them but I'm not sure if he's still going.

I'd love to do it myself but don't have the funds to do it atm, maybe next year :D

If I can get the money together I'll lump in a 1.5/6 engine, if not I'm definitely sticking it to the road with as many braces as I can and semi slicks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Shall sign up later, I don't wanna feel a fool among higher power cars within the group, so I initially planned on doing it with myself and my Dad, but wouldnt mind a few others within boards or so, or friends :o
    1.3 Civic like, but still, want to experience it in any car I can :)

A group of us are thinking of doing it in 2011 and I'm seriously considering bringing my 1998 micra for the craic! We plan on doing the 'ring taxi so I won't have to chance the aul micra against them m3's and the like!

• Advertisement

A group of us are thinking of doing it in 2011 and I'm seriously considering bringing my 1998 micra for the craic! We plan on doing the 'ring taxi so I won't have to chance the aul micra against them m3's and the like!
    Ah no, I want to bring my momo around it :D

I don't plan on being in the country after my leaving this year, so I want to do it when I can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I'd consider this if there was a decent amount going and a solid plan laid out. Would be great fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

One of the best things i ever did,great fun altogether,the most fun you'll ever have in your car but also one of the scariest experiences!

If you are a ring virgin go midweek during the summer and get some track time in the evening,a weekend at the ring for a first timer would be seriously daunting,plus the track can be jammed and its harder to enjoy it.

As for the ring itself,enjoy it - don't start trying to set times,pay more attention to your mirrors than you would normally,indicate right to show approaching faster cars you have seen them and pull to the right to let them by.Watch out for motorbikes the are lethal!

Advertisement