Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NationwideUK Ireland

Options
  • 24-03-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All

I wonder if anyone has used NationwideUk Ireland for the purpose of keeping their savings there.
    Recently I have opened an account there however have few doubts whether I should all my savings there.

COuld you please share the experience if you used them before.

Many thanks

Regards
    adwas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What doubts have you got? It might be helpful if you tell people that first as a starting point, so they can advise you on them.

What "experience" do you want? Their security? Their customer service, their reputation? The more specific questions you ask, the better answers you get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adwas

I am more interested in the security aspect than anything else really
    I know that they are well established back in the UK however in here they are fairly new.
    The fact that there is branch to go to changes the face of it as well

what you guys reckon ,would you put you money away on their accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

adwas wrote: »
    I am more interested in the security aspect than anything else really
    I know that they are well established back in the UK however in here they are fairly new.

..but still the same well established organisation that exists in the UK. They are covered by the FSCS. Besides that, they're one of the few UK financial institutions to come out of the recent turmoil relatively unscathed due to their prudential approach. So as security goes, there are much more worrying propositions out there.
    The fact that there is branch to go to changes the face of it as well

A branch, or no branches? They've no branch network here in the traditional sense. I believe you can go to their office in the Docklands now, though I'm sure they'd prefer folks to conduct their business via phone/internet/post.
    what you guys reckon ,would you put you money away on their accounts

If the product meets your individual needs, and you're happy enough with the security, and the promised return..well then, that's more important than other peoples views who are in different circumstances than you ;)

Advertisement