Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscribed Private Foums Disappearing

Options
  • 24-03-2010 12:28am
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

I have a list of about 10 or so forums in my subbed forums list. For the second time in a month or so, the private forums (about 4 of them) have disappeared from that list. The first thime this happened was when I was demodded, so I assumed it was just something peculiar to that event, but it has just happened again now and I have to go and find them and add them again.

It's not a huge deal, but it is something that I would rather not have happen too often. Has this been reported before as a known issue or is it just a random glitch in the martix? I thought first that my usergroup had changed again from subscriber, but it hasn't and I still have a sub until 12/05. I also was not messing about with my subbed list in any way this evening (either adding or removing) and was not doing anything in my profile either.

Any ideas, or is this jut one of lifes little mysteries?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

That may have been my fault. I recently (several minutes ago) adjusted your user groups. When you were de-modded you weren't left in the "registered users" group like you should have been.

EDIT: Everyone who isn't banned should be in the registered users group in addition to any other user groups they may be a member of. If not, odd permissions errors can crop up.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks Conor. At least it explains it anyhow. What user group was I in btw if you don't mind answering? I assumed I was in subscribers as I had the pink stars. I also definitely could not view any of the mod forums either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

5starpool wrote: »
    Thanks Conor. At least it explains it anyhow. What user group was I in btw if you don't mind answering? I assumed I was in subscribers as I had the pink stars. I also definitely could not view any of the mod forums either.

Your primary user group was "Subscribers" and your display user group was "Subscribers" and you were in no additional groups.

Now your user group and display user group are still both "Subscribers" but you're in "Registered Users" as an additional user group.

It's one of those fiddly things that turns into odd access errors down the line. There are a lot of gotchas in the modding/de-modding process which one day I/we will get around to papering over with a specific tool but it's not something I've got to yet.

Advertisement