Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would many girls approach guys on a night out?

• 24-03-2010 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if this is a silly thread, or feel free to move it. I am wondering if many girls approach guys when on a night out? Or are most ladies these days leaving it up to guys, or they are just shy themselves?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

No they do. You must just be a munter. :P

Seriously though they do. But if you see someone ya like, don't be a wuss, ask her if she'd like a midori on ice or ask her out. She'll find your courage hawt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

in my long and illustrious career as a mover and a shaker, I have only once been approached by a woman. She was very nice looking and utterly charming.

I was gobsmacked mind you. More of this kind of thing :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Apologies in advance if this is a silly thread, or feel free to move it. I am wondering if many girls approach guys when on a night out? Or are most ladies these days leaving it up to guys, or they are just shy themselves?

If they didn't I'd never get anywhere,I'm notoriously shy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Fourteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Women who are bored waiting around for that stupid f*cking eejit they've been smiling at all evening to work up the courage to come over and talk to them approach men.

Also women who are in my vicinity usually approach men.

(Any other men than me that is! ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

girls do.
    but we still end up buying the drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I usually wait till/if i'm approached but sometimes when very drunk i have tended to make a bee line for some unsuspecting bloke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yes they do - and I am sure glad they do!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Fago! wrote: »

are you just saying numbers.. I dont know if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Wouldn't "approach" someone exactly... Like I wouldn't cross a crowded pub just to walk up to some randomer and go "I'll roger your brain loose" or anything like that, but I would strike up a conversation with someone at the bar, or outside having a fag, or in the queue at the shops. Providing they didn't look like a serial killer.

I'm not sure I'd class that as chatting up though, probably just being friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭One_Armed_Dwarf

For some reason women don't really approach me

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Wouldn't "approach" someone exactly... Like I wouldn't cross a crowded pub just to walk up to some randomer and go "I'll roger your brain loose" or anything like that, but I would strike up a conversation with someone at the bar, or outside having a fag, or in the queue at the shops. Providing they didn't look like a serial killer.

I'm not sure I'd class that as chatting up though, probably just being friendly.

Just so you know there's a small grey area between saying 'hi' to someone and saying "I'll roger your brain loose".

You might do well to explore it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

since i've been living in Amsterdam i get approached by girls quite often compared to when i lived in ireland, mostly in smoking rooms though ! i love this place

Bad body odour?
    Prison sentence?
    Horrendous teeth?

since i've been living in Amsterdam i get approached by girls quite often compared to when i lived in ireland

Are they all called Roxanne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Usually approach the men who catch my eye myself. But am always flattered by the brave soldiers who have the nerve to approach me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Theres always way too many of us lads to do so.

Tis why I couldnt ever "Hit" on some one in a club,theres always like a big group of fellas dancing arond one girl and meh I prefer to talk to the person first so I prefer pubs and partys myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Just so you know there's a small grey pinkish? area between saying 'hi' to someone and saying "I'll roger your brain loose".

You might do well to explore it. ;)

:P Explored and conquered my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

are you just saying numbers.. I dont know if that helps.

+1

(=16)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Bad body odour?
    Prison sentence?
    Horrendous teeth?

The dwarfism and the missing arm perhaps?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

aidan24326 wrote: »
    The dwarfism and the missing arm perhaps?
    damn bet me to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

You people must all lead very sheltered lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Depends, the night a girl approaches you and you go home with her you are too drunk to know what you did to make that attraction.

Solution : Get too drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I got asked out a few times by girls when I was in the UK, made for a nice change! I don't think Irish girls are so forward. I found English girls far more approachable than Irish girls too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Waterloo Sunset

I'd be far too shy to approach a guy on a night out. Wouldn't even know how to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'd be far too shy to approach a guy on a night out. Wouldn't even know how to!

You can get your practice here love ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they do moreso I think, well much more than when I was younger. Much more forward. Well maybe as them is more of them in the big schmoke :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Haha! I am a girl! And a very very shy one at that. I never get approached by guys, and I am not ugly, and am slim but get no where
    We'll have to correct that.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haha! I am a girl! And a very very shy one at that. I never get approached by guys, and I am not ugly, and am slim but get no where
    K4t wrote: »
    We'll have to correct that.;)

Amateur k4t!

This is how it's done...would you like to see some of my biology then?

Alternatively,

would you a like a bit more biology in you?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

No, Op, they don't. Just save yourself hassle and become a lesbian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I get approached by women all the time, but i guess thats what happens when your a super stud like me

and for the low low price of 14.99 an hour i too can make you irresistible to the opposite sex

call now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

since i've been living in Amsterdam i get approached by girls quite often compared to when i lived in ireland,

Those window girls are very pushy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

pm me your details, age/location etc.. and i am sure i can find a way to approach you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Wheres the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

The problem is theres no problem and theres nothing to see here.

OP, next time you see a guy you like go up and say hello, ask if theres a girlfriend, ask if he'd like to take you out and voila. Your baby will be delivered in 5 working days

You are now pregnant. It is the mystery of the dance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scallywags

Happened to me once this blonde thing approached me but i was left 2 smokes short by the end of our conversation also felt violeted like i deserved something in return for listening to her moan about everythig whilst smokin me smokes. i should have suggested whisking her off to fancy hotel for cocktails but her boobs ere distracting me. terrible night still have vivid surreal dreams and flashbacks over that one.. im not even sure if it ever happened it must have been a dream. poor girl just wanted a chat and a laugh and a smoke. a the bag of ganje mr hand home please cpt pez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I have approached guys before. Mainly if they are at the bar and I like them I'll order my drink beside them and try to initiate some conversation. Or if I'm just walking by them I will look at them, smile and say Hi. I am naturally shy though so prefer a guy to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Girls, if you wait for the man to approach you then you'll likely only encounter the womanisers and cocky lads. They may be all nice and charming at the start but then you discover they lost your wedding ring while riding some slapper in Rathfarnam.
    Lesson: Chat to the shyer guys and live a happier life!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Happens to me fairly often. Girlfriend doesn't like it one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Never used to happen when I was single.

Any time I was going out with a girl it tended to happen, and it was a pain then cause you couldn't/shouldn't (and I didn't) do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'm a misanthrope so it happens far to often for my liking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Yes I do approach them but sometimes a nice smile and a bit of eye contact is all a fairly confident man needs. But like another poster said women may be better off doing the leg work as it may only be the really cocky lads and womanisers that go up to any woman they fancy.

Ladies - if you are standing near a fella all night that keeps eyeing you up and whispering to his mates walk by him to the bar or the dancefloor and give him a smile. Unless he is completely socially inept its all the come on he will need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i reel them in with my invisable fishing... ROD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

That's why I feel for the girls, they can only really choose out of whoever talks to them first, while for lads it's more socially acceptable to choose a randomer yourself.

*waits for scanlas*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

shakencat wrote: »
    i reel them in with my invisable fishing... ROD

I tried to reel the ladies in with the visible fishing rod and thats when the problems began your honour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

You people have obviously never been to coppers! The country nurses out for the weekend vigorously grope you if you don't move fast enough.

Before I got so damn attractive, I was a shy boy! Used to hate it when there was a gaggle of wimminz by the bar / dance floor etc and they stay huddled together. Even when one gives you the eye ya cant exactly elbow your way through the flock.

My MO was make eye contact from a distance get the smile back, wait for her to go to bar / walk in your direction and swoop in like a lion on an antelope. If the girl likes you and gets the hint she will usually make herself more approachable by positioning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Some very modest posters here =) In fairness, most Irish women appear very stand-offish and then complain the right person doesn't approach so don't have much sympathy for ye. So instead of complaining about the situation, break the mould and actually approach the person instead of hiding in your group of friends (crazy idea but ye need to be more proactive!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

In my experience a lot of guys just don't like the girl making the first move (irish guys) they would prefer to sit forever giving googly eyes and never approaching a girl.

• Advertisement
Advertisement