Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would many girls approach guys on a night out?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Most of the female posters who posted on this thread said it. Not most of the female posters.

Ya my mistake but thats what I meant to say.
    ]No guide book needed if you aren't afraid to throw caution to the wind and let the cards fall where they may.

So sounds like you expect the guy to do the chasing, by that I mean you don't approach guys? If so that's fine but spare me the worn out expressions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

shayno90 wrote: »
    ]Most of the female posters who posted on this thread said it. Not most of the female posters.[/QUOTE]

Ya my mistake but thats what I meant to say.

[/QUOTE]No guide book needed if you aren't afraid to throw caution to the wind and let the cards fall where they may.[/QUOTE]

So sounds like you expect the guy to do the chasing, by that I mean you don't approach guys? If so that's fine but spare me the worn out expressions :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

But I am a guy!

I don't expect to do the chasing. But I will give it a shot if I think there is a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

But I am a guy!

I don't expect to do the chasing. But I will give it a shot if I think there is a chance.

Judging from your responses, it seemed you were a woman, apologies.

Anyway good luck with your new approach!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Never happens me but being hideously ugly doesn't help :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Most of the female posters who posted on this thread said it. Not most of the female posters.
    Exactly. Actually it would be interesting to see how a poll would turn out over in TLL. I'm sure there are plenty of women who would just be too shy / afraid to ask guy out.
    No guide book needed if you aren't afraid to throw caution to the wind and let the cards fall where they may.
    This is my attitude tbh. What is there to lose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Abigayle wrote: »
    Exactly. Actually it would be interesting to see how a poll would turn out over in TLL. I'm sure there are plenty of women who would just be too shy / afraid to ask guy out.

This is my attitude tbh. What is there to lose?

How do you think a guy feels going up to a girl who will either laugh in his face and tell him to f off. What is there to lose? well respect in your mates eyes is one and having your confindence knocked, its driven into women that men have to do all the work when it comes to the chatting up what happened to this new age woman stuff about not wanting Men to do anything for them but still they stick to Men having to make the first move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

How do you think a guy feels going up to a girl who will either laugh in his face and tell him to f off. What is there to lose? well respect in your mates eyes is one and having your confindence knocked, its driven into women that men have to do all the work when it comes to the chatting up what happened to this new age woman stuff about not wanting Men to do anything for them but still they stick to Men having to make the first move.

If a girl does either of those things, simple as, she is a cnut, so you lost nothing great. In fact you dodged a bullet.

It's not driven into women that they do all the chatting up. It's driven in that they shouldn't just grab guys to fcuk them. So if a woman wants a guy they will generally act with more subtlety. You don't need a guide book, if you think a girl fancies you they she might. So give it a try.

Worst that happens is a bad rejection where she mocks you, but that reflects more on her than you.

Contrary to popular belief, women are not a different species, they like all the same things we do. There is no secret guidebook. (The Game isn't secret and I question it's merits). Just give it a try, treat them OK and it should work out fine for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Girls approach me every now and then .. most of them aren't irish though. I used to be very shy and i suppose i still am a bit. Alcohol does help but i think that most girls i approach think i am a cocky git when i've had a few drinks when really i am not.
    But i still have a problem approaching girls i really think are beautiful. For instance i seen this girl in Sin E on friday who was really really beautiful with bright dyed red hair she was dancing with her friends. I was also on the dance floor but didn't work up the courage to talk to her and ended up with some spanish girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

didn't work up the courage to talk to her and ended up with some spanish girl.

You or her? :pac:

As MD said, a woman that does that is cnut. I've never done it, or seen it happen so I'll have to take your word for it. If this has happened to you, I wouldn't feel bad about it. If you ask me, you had a lucky escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You or her? :pac:

me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Abigayle wrote: »
    As MD said, a woman that does that is cnut. I've never done it, or seen it happen so I'll have to take your word for it. If this has happened to you, I wouldn't feel bad about it. If you ask me, you had a lucky escape.

sorry to have gone off the handle, i've had a few bad cases with the whole chatting up process and the one thing i feel worse about is chatting up women in night clubs not a clever idea. I always when i was younger was trying to hard maybe to impress women as i don't drink its slightly worse cause i remember large amounts of the cheap chat up lines plus i'm chatting up the wrong kind of women all my life which is another story altogether:rolleyes:. I always find girlfriends always when i was in college cause i suppose you get to know a women easier cause i'm just been myself and i'm more relax.

sorry to have gone off the handle, i've had a few bad cases with the whole chatting up process and the one thing i feel worse about is chatting up women in night clubs not a clever idea. I always when i was younger was trying to hard maybe to impress women as i don't drink its slightly worse cause i remember large amounts of the cheap chat up lines plus i'm chatting up the wrong kind of women all my life which is another story altogether:rolleyes:. I always find girlfriends always when i was in college cause i suppose you get to know a women easier cause i'm just been myself and i'm more relax.

I agree with you in saying that pubs and clubs aren't the best places to meet people. I personally don't understand how a woman could do that to a guy, thats just nasty. I think its kinda sweet if a guy approaches me first. The least a girl can do is be civil and friendly seeing as he put in the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭xoixo

I absolutely hate it when girls laugh in a guy's face when he tries talking to them or just acts a bitch in general.
    But having said that if the guy's first move is grabbing my ass, pulling at my clothes, or saying something sexual/derogatory etc. then you will witness the bitchy c*nt in me pretty fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Apologies in advance if this is a silly thread, or feel free to move it. I am wondering if many girls approach guys when on a night out? Or are most ladies these days leaving it up to guys, or they are just shy themselves?

I have to admit, i find its changing lately, more and more women are approaching guys as more and more men are getting intimidated by women and I dont blame them. Speaking from a female perspective, women do go out in groups, go to the toilet in pairs etc, so its quite intimidating for a guy to go over to one particular lady and start chatting as they have to address the whole group initially. Personally i love going up to a group of lads and having a chat and chatting them up so to speak but dont get me wrong, its always nice if they come over first! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

They swarm to the good looking guys.

Those of us who aren't blessed with looks have to fend for ourselves, except sometimes some whale who clearly has appropriately low expectations and confidence will approach a guy she feel she has a not-too-unrealistic chance of getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Benny Lava wrote: »

Those of us who aren't blessed with looks have to fend for ourselves, except sometimes some whale who clearly has appropriately low expectations and confidence will approach a guy she feel she has a not-too-unrealistic chance of getting.

So for men it's 'not blessed with looks' and for women it's 'some whale with appropriately low confidence'

Harsh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

So for men it's 'not blessed with looks' and for women it's 'some whale with appropriately low confidence'

Harsh. :p

Not always. I was kind of relating to experience with the whale part, not generalising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

For some bizarre reason, I've occasionally had women approach me on nights out. I'm usually like a rabbit with Myxomatosis though when it happens, I just sort of freeze up and don't know what to do.

I often wear a nice tie which seems to get some attention and they like playing with it.

Although as I say, my inability to pull the trigger is my main problem. Was out a few weeks ago minding my own business having a drink and these two girls came up, one started dancing beside me and I could feel her rub against me at one stage. Cue Myxomatosis again. That and my general shyness and lack of confidence. If I see a girl looking at me, my eyes dart away so I never know if they're looking me to approach them or just happened to look at me at the same time I looked at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

aw this is so cute! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Benny Lava wrote: »

Thank you for posting that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I never get approached by wimminz....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

More often than not it's the woman who approaches me.. probably because I'm handsome, smiley and have a fairly relaxed demeanour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

All they do is sit there in the corner drinking their Blue WKD with a straw. After that they get totally pissed (serious WKD). Then they beg some random guy for another drink or a taxi and end up getting ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i never approach women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

shakencat wrote: »
    i never approach women

ME NEITHER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I go out with me mates to have a laugh i leave women to do the same with there mates.
    I have no interest in chatting them up or wrecking there heads following them for whole nite. If a woman came over to me and i get it sometimes in smoking area ill chat and sure have a laugh and most time rest me mates join in with hers.

I actually laugh at fellas pissed drunk in clubs being used as a lounge boy for the whole nite by some mutton dressed as lamb with dyed red hair in a yellow dress two sizes two small that would light up a tunnel :p

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,594 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    All they do is sit there in the corner drinking their Blue WKD with a straw. After that they get totally pissed (serious WKD). Then they beg some random guy for another drink or a taxi and end up getting ****ed.

And where would these clubs be? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Actually just remembered there something about Saturday night.
    Me and two mates were out in town in the mercantile sittin at table drinking for ages having good laugh.

So one me mates is on about one girls next to him and were like go on try talkin to them..... and so on. We were not pissed at that stage just having a laugh but anyway he tries not once but twice to be nice and just say hello start conversation bitch ignores him both times does not even look in his direction :rolleyes:

See why would a decent down to earth bloke bother going near women when your out when you know full well you risk being made look a total fool.

And ya before anyone says it i know not all girls are like this but most in a club or pub are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I never get approached by wimminz....

I've approached you hundreds of times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

but you made him a nervous wreck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

I like to use the lines 'you have really hairy arms' ......... or ..........'will ya mind my friend, while i go pee, this place is full of perverts' both have worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Beyonce once sang about her "single ladies"....there's a very good reason why those kind of ladies are single ;)

My advice: If you ever get that sort of abuse in a club, return it! Tell her you'd rather **** a bag of rusty nails, you'll get a better ride and less infections :D

Advertisement