Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Marketing - Screen Recorder?

• 24-03-2010 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there.
    Does anyone know a programme that will let me record my computer screen as well as the audio via a headset?
    I know there are some programmes like ScreenToaster and GoView but they are quite slow processing and uploading my videos.
    My videos are 30 minutes long, roughly 50MB.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kosmo

did you try snagit 9 ?
    it's very good, you have 30 days trial and than it's only 50 $
    i used it and i'm quite happy with it.
    give it a go. http://www.techsmith.com/download/snagittrial.asp

k

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Camtasia. Same company as Snagit (which is brilliant) but Snagits more for screen grabs. Camtasia lets you record whatever you're doing on the screen and put an audio track over it.
    http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kickerr

Thanks a lot lads, appreciate it. I wonder does it record audio from my headset? Il check it out now anyway, thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I would heartily recommend Camtasia. An invaluable tool for recording tutorials or presentations.

thats great, thanks. im on their site now learning about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Camtasia is great for sure but I think with the free/trial version you get their logo in the corner...not sure as I have the real thing but something in the back of my mind tells me that when I was try/to buy it was there.
    Re: recording from your headset; I think what you mean is record what you're heading through you're headset which is the audio output from your sound card in the PC. It does; I think you have to select the audio source e.g. wave out, mono, stereo etc..

Thanks Scorthy,
    About the Headset, what i actually meant is to talk through the headset, making comments on my screen shots. This is the audio i want to record. I still havent got a chance to look at the website properly yet, moving fridges and beds, dogs barking, its all action. Grrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Also bear in mind that YouTube has limits on the length of videos, so if you want to share them online you may need to use Blip.tv instead. The pro account has some very tasty options :)

Advertisement