Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike online store - I'll never deal with them agian

Options
  • 24-03-2010 4:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

Never again will I purchase a Nike product, here's what happened to me so far:

I placed an order on the 16/03/2010 via the Nike UK online store for a friend that lives in Northern Ireland, as she has no credit card I used my mams credit card for the purchase. The order was accepted and I got an email to confirm the order, all good so far but then it went downhill.

The following day, 17/03/2010 I received an email saying my recent Nikestore.com order had been cancelled as they were unable to verify the billing and shipping information. I contacted Customer Service to find out what had happened and was told that the order was cancelled as I did not put “Ms, Miss, or Mrs” in front of the card holders name.

On the 19/03/2010 I checked the credit card account and it was showing the money had been taken out, upon finding this I rang Customer Service. First off I asked why the ordered was cancelled, I was told the above mentioned again and that possibly it may of also been an error in the billing address. I questioned this as I had received an email saying the order was taken and that the funds were also taking out from the account and wanted to know where the funds where now. I was put on hold as the person I was dealing with went to find out what was going on, when he came back he said the funds were now released from there end and that the money would be back in the CC account in the next 48 hours.
    As you can imagine I wasn't very happy with this and could not understand that if the order was cancelled due to a name or address error, then how on earth could they of taken the money out from the CC account ?

Three days later and still no sign of any refund so I rang again on Monday, 22/03/2010, I was told that there must of been a delay over the weekend and that the money would show up the next day. Tuesday (yesterday,23/03/2010) came and still no refund, so yet again I rang the Customer Service department and ended up asking to speak to a supervisor. I asked him what was going on and why the ordered was cancelled as the money was taken from the credit card, there was obviously no name or address error.
    I can’t believe the response I got, I was told that the order was cancelled as the shipping and billing address countries did not match and that if I wanted to purchase the runners I would have to buy them through the Irish store and they could be sent then to the Northern Ireland address and this was down to a security policy with Nike, I’ve seen no mention of this policy on their site.
    Whats the deal with that type of answer, that's just stupid, so in other words to buy from the UK store to ship to a UK address you need a UK addressed CC. But I can buy from the Irish store with an Irish addressed CC and they will ship them to a UK address :confused:

For years I've been buying from various online stores across the globe and have had items sent to different addresses north and south and not once have I ever come across this. The runners I went to purchase were for a person that lives in the UK hence the reason why I went to purchase them for her from the UK online store. It's makes sense seeing as they are for a person living in Northern Ireland, why would they pruchase it from the Irish online store ?

To be honest with you the response I got left me feeling prejudice against because I’m Irish, it’s like been told if I’m on holiday in UK and went to purchase an item from a shop there that they would not accept my credit card because it’s from a country outside the UK, that’s just ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

it is standard practice on a lot of sites that they will only ship to the address on the credit card account. But they should not have completed your order then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    it is standard practice on a lot of sites that they will only ship to the address on the credit card account. But they should not have completed your order then
    Fair enough, but I was also told that if I knew someone with a UK credit card I could use theirs to place the order. No problem either telling me to order it through the Irish store (pay an extra €50) and they would ship it to Northern Ireland. So obviously no matching shipping & billing address needed then, trying to make an extra few euro if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

It seems although the Supervisor sounds like he is talking BS it seems the tripe that came out of his mouth is covered under their terms and conditions. They have the right to say no to any order already taken.

http://nike-eu.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nike_eu.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=6dWHADXj&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_file_id=33740&p_tbl=9&p_id=361&p_created=1264516326&p_olh=0
    2.3 Our right to not accept your order or cancel your purchase. We reserve the right to refuse any order for whatever reason. We also reserve the right to cancel any purchase (an order already accepted by us) in (amongst others) the following situations, without being liable for any damage or costs:
    * the product is not available / in stock (any payments will be refunded);
    * your billing information is not correct or not verifiable;
    * your order is flagged up by our security systems as an unusual order or an order susceptible to fraud;
    * your bank transfer payment is not received within 12 calendar days after acceptance of your order;
    * we have reason to believe you are under 16;
    * we have reason to believe that you are a reseller;
    * there was an error in the price quote;
    * we could not deliver to the address provided by you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bought from the Nike Ireland store last month, shipped it to my work address instead of billing address with no problems at all....didn't pay with credit card mind you I used Laser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

There's a good few of us from the Atheltics forums who probably have spent a fortune on the Nike.ie store, I don't think anyone had any problems like that, I know every time I've used them the service has been nothing short of perfect, credit card purchase each time too and shipped to a different address than the billing address.

Incidentally, everything I purchased was cheaper on the Irish site at the time than what it was on the UK or US site so there's no Irish prejudice.

• Advertisement

* your billing information is not correct or not verifiable
    No problem with the above mentioned seeing as they took the money off the credit card and have been holding onto it for days.

I was talking to the NCA here and Consumer Direct in the UK and they have both said the same thing, they accepted the order and took the money thus entering into an agreement with me to sell the item purchased.

I got a call this morning from Nike headquaters, they couldn't answer why I was told different stories by Customer Service, nor could they answer why the money was taken and held onto. All I was told was, first; that the billing and shipping address have to match in order to make a purchase, and second; if I wanted I could make the same purchase via their Irish store using the same said Irish credit card and in the shipping details section put in the Northern Ireland address. Talk about a contradiction to the first remark.

Jip wrote: »
    Incidentally, everything I purchased was cheaper on the Irish site at the time than what it was on the UK or US site so there's no Irish prejudice.
    The runners are costing £136.50 shipped which at the time of purchase would of been €150. If I were to buy the same pair from the Irish store they cost €199.90 shipped.

Good news, just got a call from Nike and the matter has been resolved, I can go ahead and order the runners from the UK as they're going to a UK address and got 50% off for the hassle. Can't complain about that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Good news, just got a call from Nike and the matter has been resolved, I can go ahead and order the runners from the UK as they're going to a UK address and got 50% off for the hassle. Can't complain about that :D

fantastic outcome

So much for thinking that was the end of the hassle :rolleyes:, the order status was showing out for delivery on Saturday just gone and then showing delivered yesterday but no sign of them. Had to reorder again today :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Why did you reorder? You have already paid for the goods. They may have been delivered to an incorrect address. Were they being shipped via DHL or a courier company?

dudara wrote: »
    Why did you reorder? You have already paid for the goods. They may have been delivered to an incorrect address. Were they being shipped via DHL or a courier company?
    They were never sent, what I was told this time is that the order was taken and not follwed up and an error occured that showed it up as shipped and delivered and beacuse of this the runners have to be reordered.

They must have a right sham of a sytem and some really bad staff working for them, never again will I deal with this company :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK. Was your card refunded, or was it ever charged in the first place?

dudara wrote: »
    OK. Was your card refunded, or was it ever charged in the first place?
    First time I ordered money was taken and was refunded last Friday, next order / current order the money has been taken again. All the years I've bought from various shops online this has been the worse company to deal with I've come across, they really do come across as if they have not got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ive purchased many trainers from nike online shop and never had trouble ups delivered every time maybe they have there act together now have you signed up an account with them?

jimmynokia wrote: »
    have you signed up an account with them?
    I closed the account down after what happened.

Advertisement