Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C-Mod

Options
  • 24-03-2010 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

The thread about Sarky destroying the CK's nest forum has been closed in feedback,I have been advised to Contact a C-Mod before bringing it to help desk,What a process for what is supposed to be such a silly place that apart from exceptionally Outrages posts requires no modding at all let alone Sarky's Crazy heavy handed bullying moderating and favourtism.

The problem is i dont see any C-mod listed for the CK's nest{better and more clever ways to spend their time i suspect.Many people have given as much respect as ANY Moderator deserve's to Sarky,many have given up on him.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65057019#post65057019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, seeing as I was trying to assist you in PM, I might as well reply here.

Firstly, I didn't realise there was no CMod for TCN, I apologise. As I said to you in PM, I don't frequent that forum.

Secondly, again as I said to you in PM, if you can give example of "Crazy heavy handed bullying moderating and favourtism" without resorting to personal insults, I will listen to you.

Otherwise, we are going around in circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Ok, seeing as I was trying to assist you in PM, I might as well reply here.

Firstly, I didn't realise there was no CMod for TCN, I apologise. As I said to you in PM, I don't frequent that forum.

Secondly, again as I said to you in PM, if you can give example of "Crazy heavy handed bullying moderating and favourtism" without resorting to personal insults, I will listen to you.

Otherwise, we are going around in circles.

Tom many feel it and are saying it behind his back,
    Our Public and Private msgs have unfortunatly overlapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

"many are saying it" isnt actually an example though. I hope you can understand that without an actual example or a link, we, as admins have our hands tied. Moderators are voluntary. I , for one, would not like to constantly pester them about their modding practises every time a user feels hard done by. There's enough users who would use that system to their own ends and it only takes one mistake by an admin to leave a moderator feeling justifiably disenfranchised and result in boards losing a valuable and necessary (and very much appreciated) resource. not to mention the fact that mods would be afraid to say boo to a user for fear of a complaint resulting in a "big brother" scenario. Mods are mods because they have shown themselves to be responsible and capable of acting maturely and independantly. For the most part, that is exactly how we woul dlike mods to behave with admin interference/nudging being the exception rather than the rule.

if you can provide the examples tom has requested, either by PM to Tom or here it would lend credence to your claim and we can start the discussion from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This has been resolved, somewhat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement