Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infinite Space

Options
  • 24-03-2010 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm just putting it here because Infinite Space was made in Japan (if it's supposed to go somewhere else, please move it).
    wiki wrote:
    Infinite Space is a science fiction role-playing video game that allows the player to design and control a spaceship. The player can customize the ship with over 150 different design models, along with over 150 possible crewmembers.[6] After designing a ship, the player can explore an expansive game world with a story spanning two galaxies.

It's coming out on friday and I have preordered it. Anyone else interested in this game?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm interested as well but no money again at the moment and not sure I'll have the time either, I heard it's 80 hours long :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Might give it a look, any gameplay footage?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anyone played this yet? I've put myself on a brief game-buying freeze while I try to work through the backlog (arggh, too many games!) I've built up, but I think a new Platinum game will be top of my list whenever said freeze thaws. It sounds intriguing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone played this yet? I've put myself on a brief game-buying freeze while I try to work through the backlog (arggh, too many games!) I've built up, but I think a new Platinum game will be top of my list whenever said freeze thaws. It sounds intriguing!

Kinda in same boat.

Too many games, not enough time. I heard it's good but I'm more interested in playing strange journey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

sounds cool, would love a game like this with ps3 graphics.

• Advertisement

Did anyone buy this?

Kat Bailey has been talking about the Japanese release for months on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

I have, but I've only played a little bit of it, since I haven't finished Pokemon SoulSilver yet.

I heard it's got some dark themes in it.
    Post from NeoGAF

Mega-violence (Kira literally blows the head off a pirate from point blank range, and NPCs later comment on the nausea that the clean up crew faced).
    Near-rape encounters.
    Pretty naughty language, both implied and expressed (surprised to find an NPC saying the word 'ass' on occasion).
    "Whining and wenching" scenarios and mentions.
    Apparent under-age drinking/partying.

And I'm only in Chapter 3! (Or maybe it's 4, by now...)

seems the DS gets all the proper RPGs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I've got it too, and also am waiting til I'm finished with Soul Silver, and Strange Journey (which I haven't started yet). Once I'm done with them I have Sands of Destruction, Nostalgia, Suikoden Tierkreis and Dragon Quest 5 to play..don't need to buy any DS games for a while anyway!

Not impressed with this game. I think it was hyped on forums because i'm finding it very boring. The story doesn't grab me, the combat seems repetitive and it has that kinda shallow feeling I get from some DS games.

Maybe i should've spent my money on that Lunar game for the PSP :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep the combat is awful, shame because there's real potential there and some pretty epic scope but the combat system is basically paper, scissors, stone and grates after about an hour.

Advertisement