Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payed too much on my credit card...

Options
  • 24-03-2010 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I accidentally over-payed the balance on my credit card by about 80e so my question is, can a credit card actually go into credit or have I lost the extra money? I'm hoping i can just use my credit card for a things and they'll use the extra money to pay for it or am i dreaming....
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

steelydom wrote: »
    I accidentally over-payed the balance on my credit card by about 80e so my question is, can a credit card actually go into credit or have I lost the extra money? I'm hoping i can just use my credit card for a things and they'll use the extra money to pay for it or am i dreaming....
    Thanks

You haven't lost it. They will use it towards next months bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

A number of people lodge money to their credit card before they go away to have their account in credit and to increase the funds available while they are away so there is no problem. Buy something on the credit card in lieu of cash to "get" your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 itsyourmoney.ie: Aine

You should also check whether the money you lodge to your credit-card account would be covered if your card was lost or stolen, and used by someone else, as some providers will not give you back your money if this happens.

Advertisement