Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

REFOG keylogger

• 24-03-2010 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about REFOG keylogger.

I have a teenage son and I'm worried about what he's getting up to and some of the sites he's visiting. Will it also capture his passwords?

I know I probably shouldn't be "spying" on him, but I'm at my wits end, and very anxious.

Any help or comments appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm not going to help you invade somebody's privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

einsam wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about REFOG keylogger.

I have a teenage son and I'm worried about what he's getting up to and some of the sites he's visiting. Will it also capture his passwords?

I know I probably shouldn't be "spying" on him, but I'm at my wits end, and very anxious.

Any help or comments appreciated

Not a great idea to be spying on your son. If you are that worried, insist that the computer is put in a public space where he can be seen or where you can walk in unannounced.

Spying is never good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 einsam

i know spying is never good!!!

as a single parent i'm not around as much as i should be. Don't want to go into all his personal issues, not the right forum here.

Concerned and looking at options.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd rethink this if I were you. As a single parent, you are probably one of the only people in this world your son can trust. If you do this your son may lose all trust in you and this would not help his personal issues. If you have reasons to be suspicious then approach him about your reasons and go by what you know already. There is nothing your idea of key logging will add to any help you can give other than knowing the intricate details of what you already know to be a problem. Approach it from this perspective in a non threatening and judgemental way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

If you move to OpenDSN you can see a list of the most popular sites visited by your household. (assuming he connects to the net via a "family" router and doesn't have a personal 3G connection)

You can block certain classes of sites via OpenDSN, or individual ones.

Depending on your router, you can block Internet access for certain periods of the day, e.g. when you are not home. Then have the computer in a common space in the house.

It depends on what age your Son is really. If he is a young teenager then yeah you should have full control over what he does and sees on the net.

If he is an older teenager then there is nothing much you should do, unless you suspect something serious, like him looking at information on suicide for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Unless he works for Al-Qaeda, I wouldnt worry about what he gets up to online..

Also. You may not want to know what he's doing.

perhaps use good aul fashioned talking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

Much as it'll start sounding like a broken record, your first port of call should probably be sitting down at having a chat about it, after that, I guess all bets are off...

thanks again to all. think i posted this on the wrong forum, so we'll end it here. the auld fashioned talk it is so!!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement