Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Output to dual monitors using VGA and HDMI?

Options
  • 24-03-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,873 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I've a Packard Bell iXtreme which came with a Nvidia Geforce 7100 graphics card (the graphics card is on-board though).

The question is there's a VGA connection and a HDMI connection - can I use both of them to output to dual monitors?

Need to get a HDMI - VGA adapter is possible too as both monitors are VGA.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

1 - Not sure if the outputs would end up mirrored, but I'm fairly sure the 7100LE can handle two monitors - one on VGA and the second on a digital output (in this case the HDMI)

2 - The vast majority of HDMI ports are akin to miniature DVI-D ports - i.e. missing the analog pins needed to use an adaptor cable. This means buying a super-pricey DAC dongle to convert the digital signal to analog. It'd be cheaper to buy a graphics card... or dig out a monitor with a HDMI port.

Advertisement