Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am meeting my daughter

Options
  • 24-03-2010 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I always knew she would be nosey like her Mother ..................... :p so after almost 25yrs we are meeting on Friday.

I am feeling nervous, excited and very very hopeful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

congratulations, you deserve it hope u and ur daughter have a great reunion, when ar u meeting. keep us posted...kathy:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Best wishes to you, hope that it all goes well...hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

The very best of luck to you, I really hope everything goes well!
    I'll be thinking of you on Friday :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'm thrilled for you.
    I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face.
    I know how much this means to you.
    I'll be thinking about you on Friday- I feel like jumping up and down here for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah that's great MaryMagdalene! Will be thinking of you on Friday!

My DP has met his sister and his father but his birth mother wants nothing to do with him or his sister :( Oh well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Mazdoll

:D The very best wishes to you for tomorrow, enjoy every moment, i am so thrilled for you ......go for it.....and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gfmason

Hi MaryMagdalene. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Your daughter is a very luck woman. I am so happy for you right now. Lots of hugs and kisses and try and get some sleep tonight. You want to look incredible tomorrow!!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Hi MaryMagdalene, I read your post a few mins after you posted it yesterday and I haven't stopped thinking of it since. Its brilliant news for both of you! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Mary,

I hope it worked out well for you. I know you're probably feeling very emotional at the moment- its normal. We were all thinking of you yesterday.

Best wishes,

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

how did it go yesterday??

hope it went well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

Hi all, thanks a millon for your support.

It went very well and once we met before we knew it 3 hours had gone by talking about nothing!

Yet it was werid, for me anyway. Feeling that connection like it was an old friend yet she was a stranger I knew very little about - it threw me.

I don't think that you can prepare for that, I mean here I am queen of thepary and I really wasn't expecting that. I had prepared for every other conceivable emotion in my head but not that confusion and I think feeling of loss and sadness yet happiness too - really confusing.

I guess it really is building a realtionship from scratch. I think because I have had 25 yrs to dream in my mind we already had a relationship! I was wrong.

Now I realise (I mean really understand) we have to build up that relationship and that this is really only the first step. But it was a good first step and I am so glad we both made it.

I think she liked me and I think we have a future in each others lives. Watch this space......

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Delighted for you that your initial meeting went so well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

A really good old friend of mine got in touch with her natural Mum after her adoptive Mum died and its amazing the relationship they've built over the last 20 years. Her adoptive Dad also died a few years ago so its wonderful for her to still have family. They actually had an awful lot of little things in common and its great for her since they don't actually have a lot of the resentments you can build up during your late childhood and teenage years.

Its lovely to hear good news stories like this. Wishing you both well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

hi mary, im soooo pleased for u and ur daughter, hope u go on to have a wonderful life together. i cried when i read u post, i wished i had met my mother. good luck u deserve it....kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Hugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I'm so glad everything went well for you. It will probably take a few days for you to process what happened, but I'm thrilled it was positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Kornelia

Hi Mary Magdalene, Thanks for sharing those special moment on the thread. I wish you the best of luck in building up a long lasting relationship with your daughter. Kornelia

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

I didn't come across this posting until now. I'm very happy for your MaryMagdelene and thrilled it went very well... Every sincere best wish to you for your future relationship with your daughter.

Advertisement