Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under charged scripts for calls

Options
  • 24-03-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

on our site a user can purchase an item for $50 and click confirm. due to a issue with the system the customer were charged $00.50 instead. we are now sending an email to all users stating we will be refunding the 50c and charging the cards $50 for the items.

my collegue is out sick and i no there is going to be a lot of calls about this, i have been asked to right up a guideline/script for these angry customers calls. as i stated the girl tat does this is out sick, can someone help!!!! thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

im pretty sure you cant do this. when you charged the customers you made a contract to sell them the product at the 50c. after you charged then you cant charge there card for another 49.50 without authorisation, that is using there card deatils fraudulently. i would say to your supervisor that this is not your job and you dont feel confident enough in the area to do it and refer it back to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

spongeobob wrote: »
    im pretty sure you cant do this. when you charged the customers you made a contract to sell them the product at the 50c. after you charged then you cant charge there card for another 49.50 without authorisation, that is using there card deatils fraudulently. i would say to your supervisor that this is not your job and you dont feel confident enough in the area to do it and refer it back to him.

Not correct I'm afraid. Yes, they did enter into a contract, but it the contract was entered into on false or incorrect grounds, as it was here, then it can be rescinded. In terms of credit card authorisation, they can recharge the card. Think about car hire companies and how they can charge for damages months after you've returned the car.

OP, does your colleague keep an online set of previously written scripts anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

When the customer hits the button to confirm the purchase does the screen actually say that the cost is 0.50 or 50.00?
    If it says the latter then the customer is giving you authorisation to take 50 euro from their credit card, so I don't really see the problem with your company taking the other 49.50 that is owed to you.

If however the customer receipt specifically says the price is 0.50 then you need to get legal advice before doing anything, as this is the price that the customer agreed upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You should be asking your manager how they want to handle this, not some randomers on boards.

Advertisement