Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lobby Lounge & Betty Boop Nightclub

Options
  • 24-03-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

anyone seen the ad for this place in today's Limerick Independent paper?

says its located on thomas street, must be where that Cocoon place had been is it? think i heard it closed not long after it opened, something to do with their licence?

wonder why they decided to open under a different name. its opening this friday anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

they didnt get as much business as they had expected and because of this they had to close and reopen as a straight club to encourage more business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Opens at 8pm on friday, niteclub will be free to patrons inside the bar and opened until 2.30am...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

steveon wrote: »
    Opens at 8pm on friday, niteclub will be free to patrons inside the bar and opened until 2.30am...

Thought all pubs had to shut at 11:30pm this Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Pubs are allowed to be open up until midnight Friday.
    After that they could stay open as it is then Saturday and the Good Friday old rule does not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Thought all pubs had to shut at 11:30pm this Friday?
    After that they could stay open as it is then Saturday and the Good Friday old rule does not apply.

I assume he means this Friday, as in today, as in not Good Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Nope doesn't work that way nightclub exemptions start on the previous day so to open on the night of good Friday/sat morning the exemption has to start on Friday and therefore wasn't granted. The exemption was granted from 6 to 11.30 on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Great place. Nearly up there with the Buzz Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

If you were to compare it to another place in Limerick...?? It sounds very Mojo'sy? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sumatra

Dont waste your time going in, the dancefloor is tiny max 15 people , pretty crap in general...manager a weirdo chats all the women up in front of each other and my friend got spiked the 2nd night it was opened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

sumatra wrote: »
    Dont waste your time going in, the dancefloor is tiny max 15 people , pretty crap in general...manager a weirdo chats all the women up in front of each other and my friend got spiked the 2nd night it was opened

Spiked or went out drinking then couldn't remember what happened the night before and said "oh my drink was spiked".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sumatra

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Spiked or went out drinking then couldn't remember what happened the night before and said "oh my drink was spiked".
    Funny how many always assume that, well unfortunately for us he was our designated driver who was just drinking becks non-alcholic...so I would have to say no to that statement....spending the night in hospital with him was'nt funny either where the doctors did perform a blood/alcohol test cause its mandatory and found it to be nil.
    One should ask the question first 'itsdacraic', instead of assuming an answer.

Advertisement