Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stagnant pond

Options
  • 24-03-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I just added fome frogspawn to my pond but I would like to have it clear so i can see to the bottom..I have bought and filter pump and I am putting that in over the next few weeks will that clear up the stagnancy? anywhere I can get oxygenating plants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

You need to set up a pump and bio filter.

Have a look at www.watergardeningdirect.ie where i get my stuff as they seem to be about the cheapest for a lot of stuff.

I've looked around for plants too but nowhere in Ireland seems to have a decent selection (would always love to hear of places which have plants if anyone knows somewhere!).

I bought my most recent batch from eBay from a UK seller - they had prices including free shipping and got some marginal bog plants and also some oxygenators.

Feel free to PM if you need more info - I've been working on a pond for a while now in my back garden and its finally coming together!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Frogspawn is protected by law and collecting without a lisence is illegal. It is protected under the Wildlife Acts 1976 & 2000.
    If the pond and surroundings was suitable for frogspawn then the frog would have decided itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You do realise that a clear pond will offer no hiding place for the tadpoles and frogs? Herons will love your pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Beech Vista Garden Centre when i was workin there had a fairly decent selection of aquatic plants.

They were cheap too. If you were buying a good few, they would order them in for you!

Advertisement