Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kilkenny paper

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Major kudos to Sean Hurley (I hope that's his name) for an extremely interesting and well written article in the Reporter this week about one of General Custer's right hand men, who hailed from Carlow/ Kilkenny.

He had another good article recently enough as well, can't remember what it was about though, I just remember enjoying reading it.

So keep it up!

Read that article on Myles Keogh, well worth the read.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

According to article on 32.ie the parent company of Kilkenny People have written down their Irish newspaper by 77% since 2008.

With papers like The Reporter being free, the idea of paying for any paper is going to continue to wane more.

http://kilkenny.32.ie/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=373:more-job-losses-to-come-at-the-kilkenny-people&Itemid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Don't buy the People anymore, why would you with all the free newspapers about. Think the Reporter is not up to much the advertiser is far superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 liabhroidi

A friend of mine works in the printers where the Reporter is done and told me they print nothing like the amount they claim to do. This is a dangerous road to go down as under law now they can be forced to reveal their true circulation. People who advertise can claim to get their money back by the percentage exaggerated. Happened in Cork lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 countrymary

Heard that the boss did a runner on that website. Left the three workers in the lurch with no pay and no P45s. Pity, cos it was doing okay up to last week when it got a bit slower with the news. i bet the papers are releived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Heard that the boss did a runner on that website. Left the three workers in the lurch with no pay and no P45s. Pity, cos it was doing okay up to last week when it got a bit slower with the news. i bet the papers are releived.

It was an ulgy looking website, and they couldn't even hide the Joomla favicon. They should of learnt from other newspaper websites that bright colours work better instead of some cheap joomla template.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Boss did a runner alright and left his three members of staff high and dry and without any wages for the month they had worked. Appears this guy has done this before with another of his ventures. Surely that sort of thing cant be tolerated? I know two of the staff that were there and they are devastated.

Advertisement