Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot find a place to buy a lightbulb

Options
  • 24-03-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

It's a bit of a strange one.

A friend has them in his house and has been to a few shops but to no avail.

Its a long fluorescent light. The model is T4 8W 6400k.

If anyone knows of anywhere they might be bought in Dublin, preferably north county, it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭aws

As far as i know there not being made anymore. Replaced by T5's now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

aws wrote: »
    As far as i know there not being made anymore. Replaced by T5's now

Would they be compatible with the same fittings?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

basically t4 lamp sizes are brand specific unlike the t5 which are a standard size. most wholesalers/shops only keep t4 lamps to suit the fittings they stock. the 8w refers to the wattage and the 6400 k is the colour temp. most common brands are robus/lytlec, eterna and ansell. having the name of the company who make the lamp/fitting will be a huge benfit to you in finding a replacement.

also t4 lamps are very much available and im not aware of them being phased out and they will not fit the t5 fitting as t5 and t4 have completly differant ranges in their wattages and the fittings themselves contain differant ballasts.
    if you want to pm me and ill supply you with a few places in ncd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

basically t4 lamp sizes are brand specific unlike the t5 which are a standard size. most wholesalers/shops only keep t4 lamps to suit the fittings they stock. the 8w refers to the wattage and the 6400 k is the colour temp. most common brands are robus/lytlec, eterna and ansell. having the name of the company who make the lamp/fitting will be a huge benfit to you in finding a replacement.

also t4 lamps are very much available and im not aware of them being phased out and they will not fit the t5 fitting as t5 and t4 have completly differant ranges in their wattages and the fittings themselves contain differant ballasts.

Ok thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

there is no need to PM, you can post the names of suppliers here. It makes it easier for the next person with the same question :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Stoner wrote: »
    there is no need to PM, you can post the names of suppliers here. It makes it easier for the next person with the same question :).

no bother......the bulb the op is looking for is a bit of an unusual one and i know of only one supplier that might do it as i think its a land lite bulb.
    the supplier is cesco in glasnevin ind est. if it is indeed a landlite then it could be one of two specific types, first has aluminium caps and second has pvc caps.

Advertisement