Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bazza085 wrote: »
    Anybody listen to it? Any more news??

No sign of anything on http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_liveline.xml

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Think the bombing in Newry took precedant. That and something to do with a flag according to the Liveline Thread over on the Radio forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 joey2thec

Just got off the phone to Digiweb, they have the 4G license and can cover N.Dublin, I'm trying them out, will let you know.

I also tried o2 Business BB and its ok, wouldn't blow any major downloaders away but for businesses and surfing etc its fine, not enough for me though, 7 days trial €20 a month for 15 gig a month, Digiweb €30 a month for similar or €35 a month for phone and BB and 20gig a month download limit.

I am a small business and don't work for any of there companies btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bmcomp

Just posted on other thread that Ice have gone into receivership.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055114497&page=80

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

joey2thec wrote: »
    Just got off the phone to Digiweb, they have the 4G license and can cover N.Dublin, I'm trying them out, will let you know.

I also tried o2 Business BB and its ok, wouldn't blow any major downloaders away but for businesses and surfing etc its fine, not enough for me though, 7 days trial €20 a month for 15 gig a month, Digiweb €30 a month for similar or €35 a month for phone and BB and 20gig a month download limit.

I am a small business and don't work for any of there companies btw :)

Cheers , my ice went down last night and the news they are gone into receivership prompted me to try this 4G from Digiweb. Its good they offer the 2 week trial, fingers crossed it works well.

• Advertisement

manufan16 wrote: »
    Cheers , my ice went down last night and the news they are gone into receivership prompted me to try this 4G from Digiweb. Its good they offer the 2 week trial, fingers crossed it works well.

Np, let me know what you think when you get it and when you get it post on here asap, they said it might be Friday before its here and I cant wait that long ! Lost is on tonight in the US ffs ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bazza085

My ICE Broadband is slowly dying:

781354336.png

Meant to be 3Mb.

I won't be terribly sorry to see them go to be honest. But, it could mean more jobless folk which is, in itself, a tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

I will miss mine, when it works, it works welll like it is this morning but it always seems to go down when you most want to use xbox live or download something. Consistency of line I found as the main problem.

781786999.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 theawfultruth

Final nail in the coffin:

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/more_details/10-04-12/Appointment_of_Official_Liquidator_Ice_Communications_Limited.aspx

For those of you who missed Liveline on Monday, having spoken for an hour about tattered Irish flags :rolleyes: , two customers from Ice were given airtime. The first lady repeatedly had more than €100 taken from her account on three or four separate occasions despite her monthly direct debit being €25 per month. As Joe pointed out this is tantamount to theft. The second caller was a guy who'd again been charged for two or three months despite having no service.

Looks like anyone owed money by Ice is not going to get a penny back. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

I wonder when will they pull the plug and the service disappears?

• Advertisement

CCOLGAN wrote: »
    I wonder when will they pull the plug and the service disappears?

Receivership is one thing; the company could have been sold as a going concern. Once the liquidator comes in its curtains. Once the backhaul is pulled that's it.

Seeing as it was the collector general who first petitioned the high court for a wind up he will more than likely get the bulk of what's there to take being a preferential creditor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 R3laX

Funny(although, feel sorry), when someone was charged extra and I haven't paid a Euro for it for last 1.5 Years(just canceled direct debit) and getting stable 3.0mb :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just seen this in the same site that reports the receivership

Judgment registered 25th March 2010 for €69,632.04, plaintiff – Ceragon Networks Ltd, Israel.

That's a lot of hardware!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

From the Insolvency Journal:

COMMUNICATIONS
    Ice Communications
    National Irish Bank has appointed a receiver over the assets of Ice Communications, the broadband provider backed by former Baltimore Technologies and FAI chief Fran Rooney, following a review of its financial position.

The receiver will attempt to sell the business as a going concern in an effort to recover as much of the bank's debt as possible. Ice Communications had borrowings of almost €2 million at the end of 2007, but sources close to the situation told the Sunday Business Post that the figure had increased substantially since then.

The firm provides wireless broadband services and is run by Rooney's daughter, Yvonne. Last month, the Revenue Commissioners petitioned to wind-up the company in an effort to recover a debt. The petition will be heard on April 12th in the High Court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Just seen this in the same site that reports the receivership

Judgment registered 25th March 2010 for €69,632.04, plaintiff – Ceragon Networks Ltd, Israel.

That's a lot of hardware!

Not really, you would only buy about 140 cpe's out of that amount. A complete cpe system s $750, and thats buying them in bulk.
    I am going by a 2007 price list I have, im sure not much has changed since.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

anyone hear anything since April?

Yeah, ripplewave took over months ago and are pretty good I've found in north county Dublin, I was originally tied to a single mast that alternated from slow to fast, but after I contacted them it's been changed sonic it's slow I just restart the modem an it's faster. Worth it especially if you have the equipment already !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

My broadband has been working perfectly since April, and no direct debits taken from bank. Spoke to a neighbour last night who got a call from the new finance dept, who sent him on a direct debit, they then took 3 months to bring him up to date. Looks like they are making there way through customer lists to get new Direct Debits

Advertisement