Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Takker

• 24-03-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has used one of these,can they really
    hold 10kg?Any info at all please.
    Was seen on Dragon's Den last year.Selling in Woodies for E14.99
    http://takker.com/ie/uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Have one, the wife bought it, saw it on the Den.

It's liable to jam if not loaded properly but easy to take apart and rectify. I've hung a few pictures and mirrors with it and it's handy. Nails / tacks are expensive, not sure I'd buy more when they run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

trad wrote: »
    Have one, the wife bought it, saw it on the Den.

It's liable to jam if not loaded properly but easy to take apart and rectify. I've hung a few pictures and mirrors with it and it's handy. Nails / tacks are expensive, not sure I'd buy more when they run out.

Are their many tacks with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Have not one but would love one. Imagine the nails tacks are expensive. This is normal practise and how they subsadise the unit itself. It it caught on the "copies" would come out but this will take time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Didn't count the number that came with it. I mashed up a few getting used to it. According to it's website a refil pack of 36 tacks is €7.87 including a nice €2.25 p&p which is about 20c a pop for a 1 cent item. Has it's uses though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

I got one yesterday and tried it out in a rented apartment in the utility room.

the tacks themselves are neat. but, when removed leave a visible hole and a tew test ones removed some plaster. Not the solution for renters but would be great for homeowners who won;t have to take everything down after 1 year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bazzjazz

Got one a week or so ago and it does what is says on the pack!

Very easy to use, but only hung a light picture with it, so not sure of the weight limitations of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I found this Takker to be a lot of sh*te. Wouldn't penetrate any of my walls. Would not recommend it to anyone... Very disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ah you must work for 3m and the command strip department.

i am always wary of gimics like this to be honest.

and how many pictures would you be hanging really. i would not buy it but looks good in theory

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

Xcellor wrote: »
    I found this Takker to be a lot of sh*te. Wouldn't penetrate any of my walls. Would not recommend it to anyone... Very disappointed.

Got one on Wednesday.It's brilliant.Even got them into concrete walls
    (with abit of force)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nippynan

Yes I agree is it a load of sh***

I did apply force and the tack bent and 2 broke

It just made a hole in the wall - in two walls so I give up

Very disappointing :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 nippynan

wonder am i doing it wrong? I applied force when it didn't go into the wall - like i pushed hard on the red thing but like i said either the tack bent or broke - it's just a normal estate house indoor wall :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Got one for the mother in law as she likes to re-decorate her house a bit. It is complete pants. totally useless and a waste of money.

Gimmick, thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Not impressed by it either. Used it for a few pictures and had to finish putting all the tacks in with a hammer. Takker left them only half in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SaraTakker

Hi guys

I'm from Takker and just had your posts brought to my attention.

Sorry to hear some of you haven't had a good experience with your Takkers. Thanks for purchasing and giving it a go and you are more than welcome to return your Takker for a refund if you aren't happy (PM me for details or use the contact details on our website).

Just to clarify, Takker works better on some surfaces than others (plaster, plasterboard, wood, fencing and aerated concrete block are suitable whereas exposed brick, concrete block or concrete plastered walls are too hard). Our tests have highlighted that it doesn't perform well where plaster has been mixed with a high proportion of concrete which may be the case for some of you. Other harder surfaces need a couple of hard "whacks" with the red plunger to fully insert the Takk. If the Takk bends, your wall surface is simply too hard for Takker.

Fortunately, this is a problem that comes up with just a small proportion the thousands of units which have been sold so far. As we realise most people don't know exactly what their walls are made of, we offer a no quibble money back guarantee for purchases via our website to allow you to have a go with it and if you are not happy, just return it and we will issue a refund.

If you purchased your Takker from a retail store, you can still get in touch and we will get your problem sorted as we want all our customers to be happy with their purchase!

Sara, Takker Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

SaraTakker wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'm from Takker and just had your posts brought to my attention.

Sorry to hear some of you haven't had a good experience with your Takkers. Thanks for purchasing and giving it a go and you are more than welcome to return your Takker for a refund if you aren't happy (PM me for details or use the contact details on our website).

Just to clarify, Takker works better on some surfaces than others (plaster, plasterboard, wood, fencing and aerated concrete block are suitable whereas exposed brick, concrete block or concrete plastered walls are too hard). Our tests have highlighted that it doesn't perform well where plaster has been mixed with a high proportion of concrete which may be the case for some of you. Other harder surfaces need a couple of hard "whacks" with the red plunger to fully insert the Takk. If the Takk bends, your wall surface is simply too hard for Takker.

Fortunately, this is a problem that comes up with just a small proportion the thousands of units which have been sold so far. As we realise most people don't know exactly what their walls are made of, we offer a no quibble money back guarantee for purchases via our website to allow you to have a go with it and if you are not happy, just return it and we will issue a refund.

If you purchased your Takker from a retail store, you can still get in touch and we will get your problem sorted as we want all our customers to be happy with their purchase!

Sara, Takker Ltd

Unfortunately no receipt. I vaguely remember where I purchased (woodies).

I think my walls fall under "concrete block". The taks just break. Tried using a hammer to drive them in the rest of the way but the plastic part just cracked and the pin bent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SaraTakker

Hi Xcellor

Sounds like that is the problem if the Takks break. If you still have your Takker, we can still help. PM me for details as I think I would be in breach of forum rules if I post my email address.

Sara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

SaraTakker wrote: »

Sara, Takker Ltd
    if i buy one in a retail store you will refund if it does not work on my walls?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Drake66

Got one for the mother in law as she likes to re-decorate her house a bit. It is complete pants. totally useless and a waste of money.

Gimmick, thats all

I agree there.
    My mother got one to hang a few pictures or something and the damn thing jammed. I had a look at it myself and thought it was a really poor quality piece of kit. To be honest it was less hassle just to tap the "taks" into the wall with a small hammer than to use the actual unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

You've got to be reasonable here. By tapping the wall the sound should let you know what is behind the surface. You can't expect a tool like this to penetrate mass concrete, concrete block, imporous bricks etc. If you look at the video it states this. Extracting a pin from any plaster, other than lightweight, will cause a bit of popping.

Advertisement