Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Sustainable Energy Engineering, WIT

Options
  • 24-03-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Is anyone doing this masters? Or does anyone know anything about it?

http://www.wit.ie/SchoolsDepartments/SchoolofEngineering/DepartmentofEngineeringTechnology/sustainability/MSc/#d.en.36804

I believe it only started last year so there would be no graduates from the programme, but the most important aspect for me would be how employable I'd be if/when I graduated. The course content relates to the "energy use, environmental performance and sustainability in the design and operation of buildings and their associated facilities and services systems." What do ye think, will there be much work in this area in a year or so!?

I would imagine larger corporations would be interested in the energy efficiency of their buildings and that what new builds there are would also consider energy efficiency as a crucial aspect of their design, but I honestly know nothing about the sector. Can anyone enlighten me!?

I'm coming from a planning degree, but the head of the course said I'd be suitable and there are students with similar backgrounds on the course.

Advertisement