Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 5 incoming

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't ****ing wait although I have a suspicion it could go to a handheld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Well, according to Wikipedia:

In September 2009, Shoji Meguro, a member of Atlus, was listed in Sony's site as the producer on Persona 5 exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

So who knows :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shoji Meguro is only the composer though and I think he is freelance since he has worked with Square before. I'd like it on the PS3 as well but Atlus like to maximise profits with their niche series and releasing it on the PS3 after the bit of a disaster of a launch FFXIII turned out to be might not be a good idea. Still Persona is pretty damn big in europe and america so maybe they are going for that market and the japanese market to maximise profits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

FFXIII sold just under 2million units in Japan. It did really well in the west.

The secondhand games market killed it's sales in Japan as people were able to burn through the game in just over a week and were offered good trade in prices.

Shops who had sold their allocation used preowned games for their FFXIII sales then on. Square Enix didn't think this through like they did with DQIX.

In DQIX, you have quests opening up over a 12 month period using the wifi shop.

Single player/Multiplayer + additional content = 4.5 million new copy sales

single player only + can complete in 1-2 weeks = 1.93 million new copy sales.

I think Persona 5 will be PSP because of lower costs and bigger playerbase in Japan. Atlus don't care that PSP is a struggling platform in US/EU.

Atlus also sold about 5 times more than their predicted sales of the Persona remake on the PSP which I'm sure made them very happy. I just hope they don't turn it into a crappy monster hunter rip off like every other series that ends up on the system.

The big reason for FFXIII being a bit of a mess is that Square produced too many copies, way over the demand, and there's stacks of them in all the game shops in tokyo unsold.

• Advertisement

It shipped 2 million and sold under two million. Actually last time i checked Media Create it was 1.86.

The copies in shops are mostly used and some new. The trade in value for FFXIII is 200 yen in some outlets.

It did as well as other Final Fantasy games in Japan, in the sense that its sales are frontloaded and the game has no legs.

In a way, I'm happy for a new persona but in another way I'm disappointed there is no Persona 4 Portable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

In a way, I'm happy for a new persona but in another way I'm disappointed there is no Persona 4 Portable
    Ah but this is only a confirmation of Persona 5, it doesn't mean we'll be denied Persona 4 Portable. It's possible both are under development at the moment. I'm disappointed there's no bleeding publisher for P3P in Europe!

GothPunk wrote: »
    Ah but this is only a confirmation of Persona 5, it doesn't mean we'll be denied Persona 4 Portable. It's possible both are under development at the moment. I'm disappointed there's no bleeding publisher for P3P in Europe!

Yep but Atlus said there will be a US PSN release. Buy some US PSN cards. Otherwise import a copy on UMD from VG+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Yep but Atlus said there will be a US PSN release. Buy some US PSN cards. Otherwise import a copy on UMD from VG+
    Oh yeah I know that, I just hate switching accounts on my Go. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I could never play through 3/4 a second time.

Advertisement