Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Screen Resolution Emulator

Options
  • 24-03-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a laptop with a native resolution of 1024x768.
    I have a program that I would like to run on the laptop that only works on 1600x1200 resolution.
    I can set the laptop resolution to 1600x1200 but it does not display the entire screen at the same time. It just shows a 1024x768 'window' on the screen which I can move around using the mouse to view the whole screen.
    Is there a way to force the laptop to display 1600x1200 using the full screen (without using a 'window')? I don't even mind if the quality is fairly poor (which I imagine it would be!)..

Cheers,
    Brian

Comments

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a laptop with a native resolution of 1024x768.
    I have a program that I would like to run on the laptop that only works on 1600x1200 resolution.
    I can set the laptop resolution to 1600x1200 but it does not display the entire screen at the same time. It just shows a 1024x768 'window' on the screen which I can move around using the mouse to view the whole screen.
    Is there a way to force the laptop to display 1600x1200 using the full screen (without using a 'window')? I don't even mind if the quality is fairly poor (which I imagine it would be!)..

Cheers,
    Brian

simple answer, no.
    Unfortunately a limitation of a screen with max res of 1024x768 is that it can only display a max res of 1024x768. What program will only run at 1600x1200?
    lots of programs are optomized for higher resolutions but very few will specify only a single resolution at which they can run.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

david7536 wrote: »
    simple answer, no.
    Unfortunately a limitation of a screen with max res of 1024x768 is that it can only display a max res of 1024x768. What program will only run at 1600x1200?
    lots of programs are optomized for higher resolutions but very few will specify only a single resolution at which they can run.

Thanks. I was starting to come to the same conclusion myself!

I was hoping nobody would ask what program! It's a program I wrote myself - A Java-based Jukebox/Background-Music system. I made the mistake of designing it to run on our initial test unit (a 22" widescreen, all-in-one, touchscreen panel PC with native res of 1680x1050). I think I will have to go back to the drawing board and make it work on any resolution... Should have done that in the first place but at the time, there was a dedicated unit for the program to run on.

Advertisement