Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake tanning during pregnancy??? safe??

• 24-03-2010 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there my name is Joanne from Dublin im currently 10weeks Pregnant and a friend of mine is going to a Wedding this weekend,, as she s around 12 weeks pregnant too she asked me if using her fake tanning lotion was ok??? But to be honest i didnt know what to tell her!!! I assume it would be ok!!!! :confused: but with all the chemicals in it would they absorb into the blood stream and harm the growing baby??? :confused: if anyone out thare has any helpful answers,, i would be extremely grateful... :rolleyes: x

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

i think it depends on the type of fake tan. recent wedding us gals were all getting spray tans, but the pregnant one got the instant one and just did the arms, legs and chest etc - avoided the tummy area.

a beautician would have an idea, but the best choice would be a quick call to the gp to confirm. if there is any doubt, i would not risk it at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

hey Joanne, welcome to the wonderful world of boards ;)

have a read of this

fake tan during pregnancy

Although there are no known dangers of using tanning lotions, they can sometimes cause an allergic reaction. For this reason, it's advisable not to use fake tan during pregnancy, as changes in hormone levels can make the skin more sensitive than normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Moved from PI to here as it is more relevant and might get replies from people who have looked into this before

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

hiya - im an all year round tanning person myself but i do it safely, not on sunbeds. I used to get a spray tan done but stopped when I became pregnant and as I have sensitive skin I have to be careful what products I used. I have found a great one called Fake no bake in Dunnes for i think 3 euro and its not harmful, not bad on sensitive skin and if you use an applicator mitt with it you really cannot go wrong. :)

Advertisement