If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer - Pioneer & Philips Blu-Ray DVD

Options
  • 24-03-2010 1:17pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys I have a little exclusive Boardie offer for you on two top notch DVD players.

1 Philips BDP3000 -Full 1080p / 24 Frames per second / DivX Ultra / DVD upscaling / Dolby True HD / Profile 2 / Blah Blah blah etc.. Looks sexy slimline and shiny black - in Multi region mode for Standard DVD - Now just £89.95 / €102.99

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp3000_05/bdp3000_05_pss_eng.pdf

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=5563

2. Pioneer BDP320 BD live / Pioneer Kuro Link / Dolby True HD / 1 GB internal memory / DTS Master Audio again Blah blah - reduced from £349.95 and for sale in Dublin at €399.99 - I can now offer them at just £229.95 / €269.99

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/84/222/BDP-320/index.html

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=5564

I have a good few of each of these - drop us a line or give us a call if you would like to grab one guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 yeehunt

John,

i'll take this one..

2. Pioneer BDP320 BD live / Pioneer Kuro Link / Dolby True HD / 1 GB internal memory / DTS Master Audio again Blah blah - reduced from £349.95 and for sale in Dublin at €399.99 - I can now offer them at just £229.95 / €269.99

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...320/index.html

Thanks,
    yeehunt

P/s will send email for all the details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Hi John and team

(surprise !!)

I have just bought a Denon 1910 Reciever

Theres a dif in price of £140 in the two BR's, which would be the best option for the above. I'll be setting up the system as a 5.1 but may go 7.1 in the future. Not overly interested in extras, just want the one that would give me the best picture/sound and easy to use.

I'm a total newbie and have looked into both, but my head is melted (and Johns too I'd say :p)and I just cant figure it out facepalm.gif

PLEASE advise please.gif

PM if you like, tks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Just to add I got the Philips BDP3000 from Richersounds a while ago and there is a new firmware released that allows files to be played back from usb for anyone that isn't aware.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

keving wrote: »
    Hi John and team

(surprise !!)

I have just bought a Denon 1910 Reciever

Theres a dif in price of £140 in the two BR's, which would be the best option for the above. I'll be setting up the system as a 5.1 but may go 7.1 in the future. Not overly interested in extras, just want the one that would give me the best picture/sound and easy to use.

I'm a total newbie and have looked into both, but my head is melted (and Johns too I'd say :p)and I just cant figure it out facepalm.gif

PLEASE advise please.gif

PM if you like, tks

Kev,

no problem - that's what we are here for - to be honest they are both excellent Players - however the main difference from a performance point of view is that the BDP320 is just excellent on music - here is the What Hifi Review on it - whilst the BDP3000 is a great little maching TBH if it was me and you were going for a 1910 - I would opt for the 320 - even if it meant having to wait a while longer to save the cents (ie put off the curtains a while longer dear...;))

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

<Snip>

Mod Comment:

Please see Stickey "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" in particular the following:

"This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice. "

PM sent.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

Hi John

Still waiting on the following from the Open Box clearance thread.

25. Philips BDP3000 Blu Ray DVD Player - Great quality Profile 2 Blu-Ray DVD Player - excellent condition - was originally £129.95 - 1st to post £79.95 get it

27. Panasonic BD60 BluRay DVD Player Blu-Ray Were £159.95 - 1st to post at £99.95 get it

can I collect in Belfast this weekend please?

Cheers,

Stooge

stooge wrote: »
    Hi John

25. Philips BDP3000 Blu Ray DVD Player - Great quality Profile 2 Blu-Ray DVD Player - excellent condition - was originally £129.95 - 1st to post £79.95 get it

27. Panasonic BD60 BluRay DVD Player Blu-Ray Were £159.95 - 1st to post at £99.95 get it

Cheers,

Stooge

Stooge,

apologies I have gone to answer your post about 20 times and I have been interrupted each and every time :o

To make up - I'll do you a brand new BDP3000 at the £79.95 price point :D

And the guys are just checking the BD60 now for me and I'll revert with news in the next few mins,

ATB

An :o John Mc ;)

stooge wrote: »
    Hi John

Cheers,

Stooge

Stooge,

All checked present & correct now - just drop me an email or a PM with your details and I'll have 'em (or it - whichever you like) reserved for you!

Apologies agin for the dealy,

ATB,
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Are there still Philips BDP3000s available at this price. I am interested in getting one of them.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Ludo.

PM sent to you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi there Ludo

I have a couple left in The Philips Shop at the moment.
    Going VERY fast at this price......

Would you like me to set one aside for you?

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I like the look of the Philips one as well. Quick question, I don't see the DTS HD symbol anywhere on it.

Does that mean it can't play audio on BRs which have that rather than Dolby HD or does it simply mean that if I have a relevant amp, the amp will do the decoding for me?

Just wondering what the implications are

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Again Noodler.

I have done a bit of digging and it seems that the Philips BDP3000 will not play DTS-HD audio (As its not listed in the feature on The Philips website). Although our RicherSounds.co.uk site says that it does??:confused:

I get this confirmed tomorrow and clear this up for you.

As the Philips does not have multi channel audio out you would not be able to connect it so that your amp can decode the audio.

Hey Again Noodler.

I have done a bit of digging and it seems that the Philips BDP3000 will not play DTS-HD audio (As its not listed in the feature on The Philips website). Although our RicherSounds.co.uk site says that it does??:confused:

I get this confirmed tomorrow and clear this up for you.

As the Philips does not have multi channel audio out you would not be able to connect it so that your amp can decode the audio.

Cool, well I will keep one eye on your BR sale next week for one that does to go along with the Onkyo!

Thanks.

Hi Noodler

Have a look at this - the Philips BDP7500
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/bdp7500bl_05_pss_eng.pdf

This will output Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio via HDMI OR it can decode both on board (upto 7.1) and output it via Multi Channel Phono connections to a suitable AV Amp with Multi Channel inputs.

Its a very nice player and has recieved some good reviews recently.

We sell this instore for €249.99 but as a Boardie you can use your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount and pick one up for €224.99

Worth checking out.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

noodler wrote: »
    Cool, well I will keep one eye on your BR sale next week for one that does to go along with the Onkyo!

Thanks.

AFAIK, and at the risk of getting snip'd again, the bdp3000 will bitstream all HD audio formats, but will only do onboard decoding of TrueHD.
    Since you have an Onkyo, you can use the bdp3000 to bitstream all audio to the amp, and let the amp decode the HD audio.

This is all done through HDMI.

Soarer wrote: »
    AFAIK, and at the risk of getting snip'd again, the bdp3000 will bitstream all HD audio formats, but will only do onboard decoding of TrueHD.
    Since you have an Onkyo, you can use the bdp3000 to bitstream all audio to the amp, and let the amp decode the HD audio.

This is all done through HDMI.

I'll look into it, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

1 Philips BDP3000 -Full 1080p / 24 Frames per second / DivX Ultra / DVD upscaling / Dolby True HD / Profile 2 / Blah Blah blah etc.. Looks sexy slimline and shiny black - in Multi region mode for Standard DVD - Now just £89.95 / €102.99

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp3000_05/bdp3000_05_pss_eng.pdf

hi guys,

Is this definately multi-region for DVD? All the spec sheets say Region 2?

What would a HD cable set me back - I have a 100Hz 42" Philips TV

Cheers,TC

Hi there

yes it can be mod'ded for multi region playback of DVD's (NOT BR Discs)
    Spec dont mention that (hush, hush you see)

HDMI cables from €19.99

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.