Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jerks who steal parking spaces...

Options
  • 24-03-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

...I HATE THEM!!!

I was driving around the foundation car park this morning (I hadn't been there very long, but that is beside the point). I saw three girls cross the road, and head towards one of the parking bays, so I said I'd follow them and hope that they were heading to a car and were leaving. There was no car waiting in that particular bay. (Had there been, I would've left the space to them. Fair is fair.) So anyway I turned in, saw that they were getting into the first car on the left, so I pulled just beyond them and put on my indicator. Looking in my rear view mirror, I saw an audi kind of turning in behind, but just assumed it was someone who had turned in, and would drive on. But no. The girls in the car pulled out, and just as I was about to reverse into the space, the audi drove right up to the back of my car and reversed in. I got out and said excuse me that's my space, and he said "why?" and i said cos I was here first, and he said oh I was just over there and I've been here 40 minutes. I told him that was irrelevant, I had got to this space first and how did I know he was telling the truth, but he wouldnt budge. I kept saying it was rude, bad manners, bad form but he'd already backed into the space so there wasnt much i could do.

I am absolutely raging!! i would loved to have keyed his car but obv that would just come back to haunt me. As far as I'm concerned, someone who is waiting is entitled to a space if they sit and wait in a particular bay....otherwise, first come first served should apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

key his car next time, it's the only way he'll learn, but don't get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Skill

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭rebel105

Skill wrote: »

Ha! brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

On a similar note, I had an experience where I didn't steal a parking space and immediately found another. I came in to the car park at the back gate, behind some guy. We took different routes around looking for spaces, then met again where a woman was pulling out. I was closer, so I could've gotten in before him. But I said that I'd let him go, since he arrived first. He saluted me and I drove on, where I found another woman pulling out.

There, karma at work! You may all tell me how great I am...now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

id have parked behind him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I would have parked beside the Schuman...

Advertisement