Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does waxing work?

• 24-03-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Just curious. Don't you gets get a sh!te load of stubble on your legs/arms/body w/e.. ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

eh, this is a male facial hair and hats forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Waxing does of course work however you need to grow the hair out in order to do it again.

So whilst it will leave your skin entirely smooth and smooth for longer you would have to grow the hair back longer than shaving length in order to wax it off again (or so I'm told).

Oh and I wouldn't recommend doing your face, but if you do please post a video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Moved from FH&H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

I need to get waxed every 3 weeks to stay silky smooth, it doesn't grow back stubbly more soft than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Littleblondehen

Waxing lasts about 4-6 weeks eventually! At first you may need more regular waxing. The hair doesn't grow back thicker or darker - that is an old wives tale!

Because the hair is being pulled out at the follicle during waxing, the follicle weakens and the hair grows back thinner.

The thing that might cause irritation and itch is ingrown hairs. Some people are just prone to them, others get them from incorrect waxing and your short and curlys are more prone to them aswell! This can be reduced by exfoliating and moisturisign the area regularly.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Exfoliating the waxed area on a regular basis discourages in-grown hairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I prefer epilating. It's free, much less painful and lasts longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oLollyo

really? I thought epilating was more painful? I have never tried it - what brand do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Braun Silk Epil. I've been epilating for about 3 years now. At the beginning it was sore but nowhere near as sore as waxing, although it was probably sore for me because i'd been shaving rather than waxing regularly so the hairs weren't "wispy" if you see what I mean.

Your skin gets used to it really quickly and by your third time you don't even notice it anymore, especially if you exfoliate beforehand and pull the skin as taut as possible while you run the epilator over the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 oLollyo

thanks for the info eth0_ it sounds good...I think I will try it. it'll be cheaper anyway then the waxing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement