Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Online Booking

• 24-03-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I have been using the new NCTS.ie website to try and book an test for a car. Once i get past the login with the reg etc and on to to select a date there doesn't seem to be any times listed no matter what day i select from now until the end of May.

Now i find it very strange that every single time is booked in every single test centre as i have tried all the Dublin based ones with the exact same results and even tried Sligo etc to see if theres a problem with the site or Dublin is just that busy.

I tried a few different browsers also just incase there was a compatibility issue there and had the same result, so now i wonder has anyone else had any issues?? Didnt find much after a quick scan in here on the subject!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

My current appointment is 29th April, made it about 2-3 weeks ago, and that was the earliest one available at that stage.

I checked last night to see if there was any earlier slots available (due to cancellations etc), but experienced the same thing as you described. Their system is probably on the blink (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Maybe try a different test centre. I booked mine on the 8th for the 23rd of march - loads of times to choose from. That was Deansgrange btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LSLFAN

I had that problem too, no slots anywhere even in Summer!! I called them and I think they said you can only book 6 weeks in advance. Eventually, I booked Deansgrange on 8 March for a 28 March (Sunday) appointment. There was a bit more choice in Deansgrange at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Yeah I still cannot get anything on the website after trying the few locations, going to have to give them a ring then, quite the pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

There is a bit of a backlog at the moment......to put it mildly:) Best thing to do is, try to ring the booking line early in the morning:

1890 412 413

If they get cancellations overnight, free slots are put back in to the system early in the morning. If they can't accomodate you, get them, to put your name on a callback list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Giving them a call seems to be the best course of action anyways, cheers for the replies lads, not just me having the website problems then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Was getting a car NCT'd for a family member a week ago. She had received a date which was six weeks away. So I phoned them up to see if I could get an earlier date and they said that I couldn't and that the booking that I had was quite good. Asked about getting a cancelation and I was told I would have to cancel the original booking first and that I could end up worse off. The lady on the phone seemed really stressed and overworked and said that I'd be best off just checking the website now and then as I might be lucky getting a cancelation.

Eventuly got a booking for the next day in Fonthill after spending an hour on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The best advice seems to be to check the website daily. i was trying to book my sons mini (just put back on the road...last NCT expired 3 years ago) for the last few weeks and there wasn't one single slot available either online or by phone. suddenly 1,2,3 & 5 april all appeared as available last week (the full days, not just a couple of slots). so it looks like they do hold back on releasing certain days for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

AHA !!

The week of May 10 - 16 is open now for a few sites that I checked... Was not available when last I checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Last December when I was booking the NCT time I used email and it worked perfectly, both for test and retest.

I do not think there is any point to call them if you get reply to email under 24h time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement