Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a Cooker

Options
  • 24-03-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭

Hi

Fitting my new kitchen soon, and considering changing my hob from Gas to Electric.

Are there two supplies of 62 needed to run the cooker and the Hob separately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

providing the load is within the perameters of the cable, one cable will suffice. you can get a cooker connection unit which is single plate sized box for connecting the 1 6sq from the board to the 2 6sq cales to the cooker and oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Ta

Whats the max amps that 6sq can handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

not a sparks so not sure but i do think it depends on the run lenght of cable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

32amps max.you should be fine with hob and single oven.some double ovens will use a bigger load so check before you connect.

Advertisement