Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo removal in Cork

• 24-03-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I hope I am putting this in the right forum, but I have a tattoo on my arm that I want to get removed by laser. I have had a few sessions about 7 years ago with Advanced Cosmetic Surgery, but they stopped doing it and I stopped the sessions. The tattoo is well faded now but still fairly visible. I have decided to have a few more sessions before I am bridesmaid later this year and try and get rid of it once and for all. Has anyone any recommendation of where I can get this done in Cork City or County? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

I need to remove one as well. How many sessions did you have and how many does it take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think it all really depends, I had 5-6 I would say which definitly made the tattoo much less visable, it is much more faded than it used to be. However mine is green ink which is harder to get rid of than other colours. I think they say 8-12 to get rid of it totally, but I don't hold much hope for mine because of the green, but want to give it my best attempt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

ncmc wrote: »
    I think it all really depends, I had 5-6 I would say which definitly made the tattoo much less visable, it is much more faded than it used to be. However mine is green ink which is harder to get rid of than other colours. I think they say 8-12 to get rid of it totally, but I don't hold much hope for mine because of the green, but want to give it my best attempt anyway.

Is it expensive? My tattoo I want to remove is about 2*5 cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

It's so long ago. I can barely remember, but have a feeling mine were €150 roughly per session. Again think it all depends on size, colour etc. Best thing would be to ring a few places and get a price. My problem is there are very few places if any that do it in Cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MBW

Hi NCMC, I also have a tattoo that I want to get rid of on my chest. I enquired about getting it removed in a laser place in East Village, Douglas about 10 years ago, but the nice lady in there at the time told me that she knew that she couldn't remove it completely (because of the green ink) and that it would end up looking worse if she tried.
    Hopefully 10 years later they might have new methods. I hate the tattoo that I have, so even if they could fade it, I would have the option of getting it covered with something I like.
    Did you end up finding somewhere to get yours removed? And if so, would you recommend it?
    Many thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement