Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermatologist in Louth

Options
  • 24-03-2010 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I think i have spelt it right!
    anyway does anyone have any info / experience of Dermatologist's in Louth, specifically the Dundalk area if possible,
    or perhaps any doctors specializing in this field.

ive checked the phonebook / internet but cannae find any.
    and help would be much appreciated; thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

In Drogheda there is the skin clinic which is beside harry bistro(fishermans inn) on the mell rd

On fair street there is Dr. Tony Egan according to google but i know there is another clinic there just cant think of the name

ive no experience mind you but im sure someone here will know more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

boardie wrote: »
    I think i have spelt it right!
    anyway does anyone have any info / experience of Dermatologist's in Louth, specifically the Dundalk area if possible,
    or perhaps any doctors specializing in this field.

ive checked the phonebook / internet but cannae find any.
    and help would be much appreciated; thanks

You need to get a referral from a GP. A consultant dermatologist will not see you without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Yes you do need a GP referral. Tony Egan has a 3 month waiting list and charges €180!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Another one in Drogheda is the Derma Clinic in Bryanstown Medical Centre (Dublin Rd)

041 9803357

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭metalwood

Tony Egan very good........no messing about, expensive but well worth it

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    Another one in Drogheda is the Derma Clinic in Bryanstown Medical Centre (Dublin Rd)

041 9803357

Is that the Ardbryan clinic? I'd highly recommend Dr Michael Murphy there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Is that the Ardbryan clinic? I'd highly recommend Dr Michael Murphy there

Yeah, that's the one.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 lmnop

metalwood wrote: »
    Tony Egan very good........no messing about, expensive but well worth it

I agree. Went to him before, very nice man. I might need referral again soon so will let you know what the waiting list is like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boardie

Is there no Dermatologist at all in Dundalk, i did get a number for Berkeley Laser Clinic & rang them but they said their office in Dundalk was closed, are only in Dublin now.
    Maybe one of doctors in Dundalk could help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Saw Tony Egan myself, a very very nice man. Although he does speak a mile a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fynolyno

Karona wrote: »
    Saw Tony Egan myself, a very very nice man. Although he does speak a mile a minute.
    I wouldn't recommend him at all. I have been 3 times now with my mum. He is not friendly extremely expensive €180 and your visit lasts about 2 mins. He has No people skills. His receptionist is not at all nice and makes you feel extremely uncomfortable. The waiting area is in bad need if decor even the light shade is hanging off. Having said all of that he gets the job done and knows skin! Really think he could just do with smiling and a customer service course for his receptionist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭K nacker

zac8 wrote: »
    Yes you do need a GP referral. Tony Egan has a 3 month waiting list and charges €180!!!

Correct,€180 for the first, €120 each visit after that. Fiona the receptionest will quote a 3mt waiting list, but in most cases you'll be seen with 2wks if you but yourself down for a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

Is it not a public service and free?

I've an appointment next week with him as an outpatient

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Dematologists are quite scarce which means months on a waiting list for a public appointment. With a private appointments or under health insurance you can still be waiting for a bit. Initial consult will need a referral from a G.P. Some of the more cosmetic type clinics do see people as a drop in type appointment, but depending on the reasons for needing to visit a dermatologist this may not be suitable as you may not get the continuity of care that is needed with eg the prescribing of roacutane for severe acne. There is or certainly was a GP in Blackrock who took a particular interest in Dermatology but his name escapes me. Will post it up when the name pops in to my head. Feel free to pm me op as have plenty of experience with dealing with these issues and may be able to point you in the best direction from my experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement