Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xScorch 360 mouse & nunchuck controller

• 24-03-2010 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

Just letting you guys know that this new mouse/nunchuck controller has just been released by Bannco. Available on www.lime360.co.uk for about €75 delivered to Ireland.

I'm totally torn as the whether to purchase this or not!

On the one hand, I love all xbox related gadgets (actually all gadgets...) and if this product works, I'm pretty sure it'd be a nice, new addition to my gamesroom.

On the otherhand, "if" it gives the user a distinct advantage (not just skill related) over people using standard MS controllers, then I'm very much against the idea of it. I perfer consoles to PC's because of the (almost) level playing field due to everyone running to same hardware/software.

My concern is not that it has rapid fire cababilities (although I curse anyone who would use rapidfire!!! Play fair , fool, you ain't fooling anybody but yourself!;)), it's whether targeting time has drastically reduced. My hope is that it just mimics the same speed as the standard MS controller and is therefore just a personal choice of mouse over controller and not due to performance enhancing hardware.

I've been looking for customer reviews of it (as opposed to the sales pitch on www.bannco.com and various other sites) but haven't been able to find any.

Interesting product, there's been a few like it before but all suffered terrible lag on the mouse and were virtually unusable.

I'm interested to hear what other xbox gamers feel about this product, like it or hate it???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Wouldn't appeal to me anyway, never liked playing games with a mouse personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I haven't used a mouse to play a game since using my old Atari ST, back in the late eighties. Life was so much simpler back then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I can see all the U.S MW2 players getting these if they have rapid fire.:rolleyes:

Anyways, when I got the 360 first, it was tough to get used of playing FPS games with the controller, after only ever playing PC games beforehand. But I am well used to it now.

This might have appealed to me back then, but not now. I like sitting on my couch controller in hand, if I got this I would have to sit up straight and have something across my knees to rest the mouse to play properly. No thanks, I prefer to slouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

EGriff wrote: »

Sorry about that, thanks for posting ther correct link.

• Advertisement
Advertisement