Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolermaster Pro M 500W

Options
  • 24-03-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi i am installing this into my comp but am currently stumpted so to speak.

I have looked at the instructions and it says to open the power supply and on a pic i saw on a website it shows the power fan wire inside the power supply. Bar breaking it open with a knife i cant access this? Anyone else have this power supply!?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Sorry? :confused: Why are you trying to open up the PSU (which is a very bad idea BTW) when you're supposed to be installing it in your PC?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Cooler_Master_silent_pro_500W17.jpg

It says in the manual to open it up, also this picture here shows the power fan cable which i need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Here is the manual for that

http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/download/413/files/SilentPowerM500_Manual.pdf

There isn't a reference under installation toopen the power supply!

Are you sure you are not mistaking the instruction with opening the computer side panel
    open the side panel of the chasis
    �open the side panel of the

The power fan cable is inside the power supply, i take it this HAS to be plugged in for the ps to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

Hi Atlas_IRL
    The power fan cable is inside the power supply, i take it this HAS to be plugged in for the ps to work.

the manufacturer pluged it in when they made the PSU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The PSU fan cable is always plugged into a port on the PSU's PCB (in the case where it has a plug; some are just soldered onto the PCB) inside the unit. Opening up the PSU is unneccessary, potentially dangerous and voids the warranty!

A few PSUs have a pass-through cable that lets certain motherboards change the fan speed as well as the PSU itself. But even then the PSU fan is already connected to the PSU inside the unit!

Cool thanks, i just got confused when when i saw that picture!

Advertisement