Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My female dog is humping my male cat?

Options
  • 24-03-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

My 2 year old daschund(female) is humping my 3 year old male cat. Just gets on him and starts the moves.

Is that okay or is she loosing it already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pics please! :eek:

(Sorry, I'm going.......) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Probably OK. I have 2 Westie bitches and when both go into heat they do the same! Not the prettiest of pictures though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No, it's not ok, it's bad behaviour and it's up to you to stop it (before your cat decides to have dog eyes for breakfast)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

My Yorkie bitch does it to her teddy, something about showing its dominance.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

hi, your dog is simply showing its dominance over your cat. dont worry about it its normal behaviour among dogs. if the cat gets peed off he'll soon put a stop to it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

gigawatt wrote: »
    hi, your dog is simply showing its dominance over your cat. dont worry about it its normal behaviour among dogs. if the cat gets peed off he'll soon put a stop to it!!!

She stops right when I tell her to, but looks like it is not enough as she does it again either later the same day or just few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

gigawatt wrote: »
    dont worry about it its normal behaviour among dogs. if the cat gets peed off he'll soon put a stop to it!!!

It may be normal behaviour, but that doesn't mean it should simply be accepted.
    Barking excessively is also normal behaviour, but nobody puts up with that.
    Only because the humping is remotely sexual everybody goes redfaced, turns away and ignores it.

In this special case where the dog is humping the cat that will end very bloody sooner rather than later, so best to put a stop to it asap.

Advertisement