Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulcerative Colitis- acupuncture

Options
  • 24-03-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a friend who has UC. Shes at the last point before surgery to remove her colon as none of the meds (steroids/immunosupressants) are working, in fact if anything shes getting worse.

Its been suggested before it gets to that point that she try acupuncture, so just wondering if anyone knows anything about how well accupuncture works with UC. Also if anyone can recommend someone theyve used could you PM me their details. Shes in dublin but will travel.

Thanks for any insight.

Clare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

I have chrons disease and have been having accupuncture for the past 8 weeks, find it really realxes me and i also think that even through my pain and cramps have not gone, they are definately lasting for a shorter time and are easier to deal with. am still in early stages so can't give any more constructive info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭lady_marmalade

I've had accupuncture and it's relaxing but I'm not convinced it's any good at curing illnesses.

I've had chiropractic and they claimed it could help with colitis as I'd had back probs and it the problematic vertebrae was pinching the nerves that service the gastrointestinal area. I'm not entirely convinced but it did clear up.

I'd also recommend checking out this http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/legal_illegal_a-c.htm
    I found it unsustainable, but if I follwed this diet during flare-ups they'd disappear much quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

C2 wrote: »
    Hi all

I have a friend who has UC. Shes at the last point before surgery to remove her colon as none of the meds (steroids/immunosupressants) are working, in fact if anything shes getting worse.

Its been suggested before it gets to that point that she try acupuncture, so just wondering if anyone knows anything about how well accupuncture works with UC. Also if anyone can recommend someone theyve used could you PM me their details. Shes in dublin but will travel.

Thanks for any insight.

Clare

God help her clare i was diagnosed with it but the steroids areworking thank god. Hope your friend gets better soon....

Advertisement