Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advice on a Camera

• 24-03-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

ive been meaning to invest in a half decent camera and get into photography.

im looking for a camera that would be good at shooting people/closeups morso than landscapes.

with a budget of €200+-, i do realize im not going to be getting a great camera, but i figured i could get a fair enough Bridge camera? I could stretch the budget a bit if there was a bargain DSLR or something that people thought id later regret not spending that little extra on.

any advice appreciated:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

With that budget, buy 2nd hand, and if it's for close-ups and portaits, a 50mm lens would do.

Any Canon body would do to learn with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Paulw wrote: »
    With that budget, buy 2nd hand, and if it's for close-ups and portaits, a 50mm lens would do.

Any Canon body would do to learn with.
    thanks for the quick reply.

Ive got my eye on a second hand Nikon D40 atm thats in my budget. seems to get good reviews on amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

take a look at adverts.ie photography section - some good DSLRs there at the moment.

also, check out some of the review sites
    like;

dpreview

Imaging Resource

etc.

:)

Advertisement