Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howth Resevoir

Options
  • 24-03-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Is there much in it? Is it legal to fish in?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I wouldnt bother..its full of snags,not many fish in it and you stand a very good chance of having your head lopped off by a flying golfball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

yes its not good. i fished a good few years back and got nothing. theres supposed to be a few small pike in it, so theres probably some perch or roach and stuff like that. its in the middle of a golf course and loads of golfers around with diamond check polo neck jumpers, red cax and gleaming white shoes all talking crap, so i wouldn't bother if i was you, i would go elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Tender Hoop

I used to fish there about ten years ago. Caught lots of little perch and a nice pike once.

Went back there a few weeks ago and caught nothing. nada.

Talked to guy when i was leaving and he said all the fish have gone.... to where he could not say... perhaps in the bellies of some of our eastern visitors.

Waste of time now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Jayball09

Thanks lads. Its local so was just wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There are fish in the resevoir and 3 people were out catching a good number a few days ago. The fisheries were even out a few weeks ago due to a small kill from whatever chemical was sprayed on the few golf holes above it. According to the greenkeeper, there's about 6 species including trout, perch, pike and believe it or not halibut (that's what he said). They use the water from the resevoir for the greens and fairways and they often get fish clogging up the inlet pipe. Most were introduced but not by the owners.

• Advertisement

perch and pike i can believe but trout, I doubt it, and halibut well that's pure fantasy, don't forget the great white shark that's up there too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

and halibut well that's pure fantasy,

I know. I'll believe it only when I see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Well hailbut is a marine fish..how the hell could it end up in that resovoir??

the same way the great white shark did..........legs

Advertisement