Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games that you'd love to see re-mastered ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Master of Magic !

intro

What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

smokingman wrote: »
    Head Over Heels!

ahhh dem memories... :)

http://retrospec.sgn.net/games/hoh/

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

humanji wrote: »
    The rumoured remake was apparently shelved yesterday by EA.
    Sarky wrote: »
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Thankfully, it was their other game - the Bourne Identity one - that got cancelled.

I'd love a new X-wing vs. Tie Fighter myself.

Or Thief 1&2 updated with a new engine.

Also, new X-Com.

Actually, I could go on a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Transport tycoon deluxe with improved graphics and possible extras thrown in but keep the general gameplay the same.
    Resident Evil 2 with updated graphics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

bugs wrote: »
    Strider

Its often been rumoured a HD version was in the works at capcom but nothing ever came of it.

You should play strider 2 which is on the japanese PSN I think. ****ing amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

severance: blade of darkness, and Battlezone 3d. Both of those games are too awesome for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

severance: blade of darkness, .
    What a game !!! Simply brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just reinstalled it now after this thread made me think of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Medal Of Honour: Frontline. My favourite fps on the PS2. The d-day level would probably be incredible in HD.

I really regret trading that game in.:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Medal Of Honour: Frontline. My favourite fps on the PS2. The d-day level would probably be incredible in HD.

I really regret trading that game in.:(

You should play it now. The landing is laughable due to the lack of characters it could display (it looked poor at the time as well if you played the infinitely better MoH: Allied Assault on the PC) and after the first two levels it's not very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Spy vs Spy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

StreetFighter III 3rd strike in HD please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I would love to see Faxanadu released on Ds,also several PS1 and PS2 compilations released on PS3,example Suikoden Collection,Metal Gear Solid Collection, Silent Hill Collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Road Rash, with next gen graphics, track editor, 32 player online races and ragdoll physics.

Do it E.A. DOOOOO IIITTT!

they have thought about it....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZAbW6wN4I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I know it will never happen (Because Activision now own the rights), but if Naughty Dog redid the first 3 Crash Bandicoot games, epic right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    they have thought about it....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZAbW6wN4I
    Yeah, I had heard the rumour but not seen that vid. Thanks for posting!

Though, it just makes me want it more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You should play strider 2 which is on the japanese PSN I think. ****ing amazing.

Have my strider 2 for the ps1. While its amusing, its more based on strider from marvel vs capcom. Given the option i'd love to play the original with redrawn HD sprites and the same excellent music.

Either that or a HD remake of osman/cannon dancer (which will never happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Maximilian wrote: »
    Thankfully, it was their other game - the Bourne Identity one - that got cancelled.

I'd love a new X-wing vs. Tie Fighter myself.

Also, new X-Com.

Actually, I could go on a while.
    They cancelled 2 games. One was the Bourne Identity and I was under the impression that the second was called something like Operation Greenline or something, which was the rumoured Syndicate remake. I'll try and dig out the article I read it in. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Oh and +1 to Xcom. I'd love to see a decent, well funded remake. The other remakes aren't too bad, but you can see the low budget shining through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr. K wrote: »
    A full console RPG version of Pokémon would be amazing, that'd sell like crazy too. I'd prefer it was just the original 151, but I imagine Nintendo would want compatibility with the DS ones.

Pokemon XD and Colosseum were both pretty "meh" in fairness, and I'm fairly sure they didn't sell all that well. I'd love to see a Wii pokemon game though, I can't understand why nothing has been released so far!
    Hopefully something gets announced at E3 this year

For me it'd have to be remake of Dino Crisis 2 with nice shiny current gen graphics, can't really see that ever happening though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

I know a grown man who admitted to crying near the end of shadow of the colossus. His girlfriend gave him some grief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Would love to see Planescape Torment and the Baldur's Gate games redone in a more modernish engine (even the Neverwinter Nights 1 engine) - I find it hard to play those old isometric games (yeah, blasphemy I know).

P.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to see Magic Carpet remade, along with Syndicate, and Beneath a Steel Sky. Not so sure about System Shock 2 though, as they'd almost certainly **** it up, and its pretty much perfect as it is. And i think i'd rather see Homeworld 3 then a remade Homeworld.
    I know a grown man who admitted to crying near the end of shadow of the colossus. His girlfriend gave him some grief.
    Bitch just doesn't get it :P
    oceanclub wrote: »
    Would love to see Planescape Torment and the Baldur's Gate games redone in a more modernish engine (even the Neverwinter Nights 1 engine) - I find it hard to play those old isometric games (yeah, blasphemy I know)
    Dont even think about ruining Baldur's Gate by messing with the Infinity engine. Best. Engine. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Thought of a few more i'd love to see:

The first Carmaggeddon with ragdoll physics and proper AI.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Amazing game let down by technical faults. This in the Crysis engine would be incredible.

Shadowrun, The Snes version.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

Horace and the spiders could do with a touch up and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

+1 for Road Rash!

And of course, FF7, 8 and 9.

bugs wrote: »
    Either that or a HD remake of osman/cannon dancer (which will never happen).

Osman is ridiculously good, only discovered it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Funnily enough i was looking up about a possible remake of Syndicate yesterday

Yesterday, Starbreeze had two projects in development for Electronic Arts. As of today, they only have one.

Starbreeze issued a short press today release announcing that one of their EA collaborations will be canceled. The developer had been working on Project RedLime (rumored to be a reboot of the Syndicate franchise) and the next Bourne game for EA.

According to the press release, the canceled game was only in the pre-production phase. This makes it likely that the next Bourne game was the one to get the axe as it was announced last year while RedLime was announced in early 2008.

"We will continue to focus only on a big production together with EA," said Starbreeze CEO Johan Kristiansson through Google Translate. "Our relationship with EA is stronger than ever, and the aim now is to spend more resources on the game that demonstrated the greatest potential. This game is already in full production."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

tman wrote: »
    Pokemon XD and Colosseum were both pretty "meh" in fairness, and I'm fairly sure they didn't sell all that well. I'd love to see a Wii pokemon game though, I can't understand why nothing has been released so far!
    Hopefully something gets announced at E3 this year

For me it'd have to be remake of Dino Crisis 2 with nice shiny current gen graphics, can't really see that ever happening though...
    What about Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii? That's a great game, although I'm guessing you mean a proper single player campaign Pokemon game? Maybe they feel it won't work on a home console somehow? A Pokemon MMO needs to be made.

As for Dino Crisis 2, I wold prefer Trespasser to be re-mastered/fixed. So much great tech in that game but it was so buggy and the controls were hell to get used to.
    Maximilian wrote: »

Also, new X-Com.
    Oh gawd. A Thief 1&2 remaster... *Homer drool*. Ive been trying to keep Thi4f out of my mind so that if it's **** it won't matter but if it's good I can be pleasantly surprised.

I would love an X-Com reboot, actually I'd just love a way to get it working on Vista and Windows 7 properly! Poor MicroProse. :( Master of Orion needs some love too.
    severance: blade of darkness
    So happy to see this game get a mention, such a great experience. Fun times to be had with that game over a LAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

+1 to Clive Barkers Undying for sure!

I'd love to see a (Non 3D!) remake/HD makeover of GODS by the Bitmap Brothers... I loved that game!

Maybe also "Shadow of the Beast" from the Amiga. Psygnosis did do some pretty good games back then!

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

humanji wrote: »
    They cancelled 2 games. One was the Bourne Identity and I was under the impression that the second was called something like Operation Greenline or something, which was the rumoured Syndicate remake. I'll try and dig out the article I read it in. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Oh and +1 to Xcom. I'd love to see a decent, well funded remake. The other remakes aren't too bad, but you can see the low budget shining through.

I hope your wrong too.

Source was this:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99357-Starbreeze-Cancels-Unnamed-EA-Project-UPDATED

Advertisement