Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance company not paying for sedation on rhizotomy??

Options
  • 24-03-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anybody else had this problem?

Went to see my consultant back in December and he agreed with me that I needed another rhizotomy however since then I have been back and forth between him and the insurance company (don't know if I can say which one it is).

They say I can go ahead and have the procedure but they will not cover the cost of the aneasthetist. A rhizotomy without sedation would be barbaric in most people's opinions (a rhizotomy is when they put a needle into your spine with the intent of hitting off the nerve endings and then killing off the nerve endings to stop the pain message going to the brain, someone hits off your nerve endings with a needle and that causes excruciating PAIN).

I said I would pay for the sedation myself this time around while the battle is going on but it seems that the code the insurance company have told the doctor to use for the procedure is not correct and so he won't go ahead with it until the code is sorted out.

This is going on over 3 months now and I am in agony. If anyone else is having the same problem could you let me know how you're getting on please?

Advertisement