Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

baby seat and the NCT

• 24-03-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

Car is due for the test, I'll have to bring the baby. Do I need to take the baby seat out for the test?

I know they can be finicky fcukers

Comments

Once they can check all rear seat belts work and that the back seat is secured to the car you should be fine, I see no reason why the baby seat would hinder them, be sure all seat belts in the rear are accessable though, if one is under the baby seat or anything they will fail it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

If you leave it in they will test that it is fitted correctly and if its not fitted correctly it can be a fail..

Prob just easiest to take it out and leave it in their reception...

http://www.ncts.ie/pdf/nctbrochure.pdf
    The boot is empty and seats are clear of personal belongings
    such as removable baby seats. If the baby seat is left in the car
    for the NCT, it will be checked that it is fitted correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

If you leave it in they will test that it is fitted correctly and if its not fitted correctly it can be a fail..

Prob just easiest to take it out and leave it in their reception...

Would it not be good to ensure its fitted correctly ? If it did fail, surely it would just be a visual inspection (ie no cost)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

It is fitted correctly, it's just a pain to get it out, with baby in tow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Leave it in.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just ask the foreman. The last time I asked him something he gave me the NCT test for free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

As long as the seat is correctly fitted, its fine, no need to take it out.

Advertisement