Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence expiry dates and laminating

Options
  • 24-03-2010 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

A quick query. One of my new licences expires 9/3/13 and the other 31/5/13, being 3 years from the expiry of the extension. Is there any reason for the differences as both extensions were till 31/5?

Also are there any issues if you laminate the licence?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

Bond-007 wrote: »
    A quick query. One of my new licences expires 9/3/13 and the other 31/5/13, being 3 years from the expiry of the extension. Is there any reason for the differences as both extensions were till 31/5?

Hi Bond

I just to scan a copy of my lisence and print it out in colors when i lived in Norway.
    I then went back to the policestation and got them to sign the scanned copy and then laminated it.
    I then put the original lisence in my gunsafe,and kept the laminated for travelling to and from the range or while out hunting.
    Dont know if the garda accepts that here cause i havent tried yet,but it worked fine in Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Bond-007 wrote: »

I scaned all my licenses and laminate them with a laminater from Aldi. I keep copies in the car, hunting jacket and wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

clivej wrote: »
    I scaned all my licenses and laminate them with a laminater from Aldi. I keep copies in the car, hunting jacket and wallet.

Lads don't mind my asking but would it not be better to leave them somewhere safe. If they where to get robbed would they not be open for potentional thieves to buy ammo ect??

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

elius wrote: »
    Lads don't mind my asking but would it not be better to leave them somewhere safe. If they where to get robbed would they not be open for potentional thieves to by ammo ect??

we just take the photocopies with us elius. the originals would be locked away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

elius wrote: »
    Lads don't mind my asking but would it not be better to leave them somewhere safe. If they where to get robbed would they not be open for potentional thieves to buy ammo ect??

I think somewhere it states that you must carry your license with you if in pocession of a gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

If you'r out with you'r firearm and you'r stopped by a garda and have no licence in you'r posession, the garda has the authority to conficate you'r firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

clivej wrote: »
    I think somewhere it states that you must carry your license with you if in pocession of a gun.

Yey i always carry mine when i'm out. But after words its goes back in to safe place until i'm out again (unless buying ammo).Not sure id be happy leaving a copy in car, wallet etc. Even if it was a copy if they robbed my wallet they would see i have in my house firearm's x.y.z and the ability to find out where i live wouldn't be that hard to find in the day and age. Same with a car if you have satnav on the dash most people have there home address programmed in so could be another disaster waiting to happen. Could makes things a little to uncomfortable. Just be carefull out there lads..

Advertisement