Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosshaven and Macroom questions

Options
  • 24-03-2010 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for a house in Crosshaven called, I think, Dolphin cottage. The hand writing isn't that good and the document dates back to 1902. My great grandfather had post delivered there after he left the army.

Also, has anyone from Macroom done any family history stuff? My G Grandmother, Mary O'Leary was born there in around 1871 and married a blacksmith called Dugan. He was killed by a horse and left Mary a widow with three kids at the age of 21.

Its a bit of a long shot, but I plan on heading down south over Easter to do a bit of digging etc and though maybe I could get a head start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Hi, I am looking for a house in Crosshaven called, I think, Dolphin cottage. The hand writing isn't that good and the document dates back to 1902. My great grandfather had post delivered there after he left the army.

Also, has anyone from Macroom done any family history stuff? My G Grandmother, Mary O'Leary was born there in around 1871 and married a blacksmith called Dugan. He was killed by a horse and left Mary a widow with three kids at the age of 21.

Its a bit of a long shot, but I plan on heading down south over Easter to do a bit of digging etc and though maybe I could get a head start.

I'd recommend talking to the library there, would be a good starting point.

I live in Macroom but am not originally from there, O Leary seems to be a common name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'd recommend talking to the library there, would be a good starting point.

I live in Macroom but am not originally from there, O Leary seems to be a common name though.

Thanks, I will do. I thought maybe the Church to see what parish records they keep as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DerMutt

I think there's a Dolphin Terrace on the way in to Crosshaven, just across from the entrance to the Yacht Club. Could that be where you're after?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Regarding Crosshaven contact the Carrigdhoun Newspaper, they will be able to help

Email:carrigdhoun@eircom.net
    carrigdhounads@eircom.net
    Phone:021 4373557
    Current address:Whylie House

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

DerMutt wrote: »
    I think there's a Dolphin Terrace on the way in to Crosshaven, just across from the entrance to the Yacht Club. Could that be where you're after?

It does appear to be Dolphin Terrace, No 2 in fact. Thanks for that.
    Regarding Crosshaven contact the Carrigdhoun Newspaper, they will be able to help

Email:carrigdhoun@eircom.net
    carrigdhounads@eircom.net
    Phone:021 4373557
    Current address:Whylie House

I'll give them a try. thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 harper61

Hi,

There are loads of O'Learys in the Inchigeela area, (on the macroom/ ballingeary road), ask Joe Creedon in Creedon's Hotel !

Advertisement