Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text from unknown number - Could it cost me money?

• 24-03-2010 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I received a piece of spam by text today but it was from a regular mobile number (087 1781622) not one of those 5**** numbers. Is it possible for me to be charged for receiving this text? If i text STOP back to the number like it says at the end of message is it possible for it to cost me more than the regular cost of a text?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

is it possible... yes. is it likely... no.
    again with sending the text back, it should not cost you anything... but the mobile phone companies do have the facility to charge you more for a specific number.
    (I dont know of any laws to saw that a number that would charge you more than a normal call must be 50xxx etc... but i expect that there is one)

Do you have free text messages from your providor ? log into the web site and send it from there ?

Advertisement