Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welfare for self-employed?

• 24-03-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi everyone - could someone advise me on the following please?
    i've registered self-employed since 2003, sole-trader, not making millions but have had an average income you could say.
    I felt things were getting quiet (in my line of work) 2 years ago, so took on a part-time PAYE contract, but elected to pay my own tax in 2008 & 2009 along with the tax due from my self-employed income.
    That PAYE contract ended 6 weeks ago, and I am finding it very hard to drum up the business - I am living off my savings currently.
    I dont want to throw in the towel (with the self-employed career), as I am optimistic things will start turning around and getting better. However, my question is whether I am entitled to get anything from Social Welfare to tide me over - as someone from PAYE might get the dole when they have no work? I have paid my income tax and PRSI like everyone else - am I entitled to any financial help?
    Thank you,
    Activegal

Advertisement