Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any small shows?

• 24-03-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Is there any small MMA Shows for begginers in ireland
    just wondering as im a begginer myself thanks
    -D-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

The best thing would be to get your coach to contact some promoters, details of upcoming shows with promoters details are over at www.fight.ie in the events section

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

I see theres an ameture show from spartan promotions how would i contact them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Daniel2oo9 wrote: »
    I see theres an ameture show from spartan promotions how would i contact them?

Have a look for Red Dragaon MMA (Antrim) on the fight.ie clubs section, Marty Walkers contact details are on there

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

Danial, considering how new you are to the whole thing, perhaps you should give the mma league a go, contact Mark Leonard on this site for more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

www.mmaleague.com

Davey Patterson runs amateur shows regularly enough, check out www.fighttalk.co.uk

• Advertisement

Got it man :)
    thanks
    Our coach said hed look for a smaller show for the begginers thanks

cletus wrote: »
    Danial, considering how new you are to the whole thing, perhaps you should give the mma league a go, contact Mark Leonard on this site for more info

im not that new to fighting sports previously i was training in mma for 5-6 months and then i found thiss mma club(Rebel MMA in cork)
    You cannot fight in the league if you dont fight in the first one

You cannot fight in the league if you dont fight in the first one
    Yes you can. Each league event is open to all.

im not that new to fighting sports previously i was training in mma for 5-6 months and then i found thiss mma club(Rebel MMA in cork)
    5 or 6 months is pretty new dude!

Sure?As my coach from Rebel MMA brought the lads to the first one and we asked and he said that u have 2 fight in the first one

• Advertisement

Ya, I'm pretty sure alright.

Ok ill chat to him tonight i dno wat 2 say though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Sure?As my coach from Rebel MMA brought the lads to the first one and we asked and he said that u have 2 fight in the first one

Tim has been around the League longer than anyone, given that his first MMA match was at the First League event, and he is 100% correct.

Daniel,
    I am pretty sure we have been in email contact already. You can enter the League at anytime, if you missed the first leg in Galway then you can still enter round 2 (also in Galway) on the 12th of June.

As an aside, txt or 7337 speak is frowned on in this forum, so take the time to type out all your words i.e. "u have 2" = "you have to", not a big deal just some friendly advice :)

Yes im sorry :(
    I Dont know what to say to my coach though

What should i say to my coach(Ken)

??????????????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Tell him you want to fight.
    Promoters do not deal directly with fighters. Only coaches or managers.
    On a side note 6mths is not a long time in MMA training if you really wanna compete i suggest the MMA League ran by Mark Leonard. Its the best way for someone new to the game to understand the mechanics of fighting in an enviroment that your not gonna get hurt in.

Advertisement