Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beehive Thread

Options
  • 24-03-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Everyone,
    I'm a beekeeper looking for a place to keep a number of beehives. If you own or know someone who owns some land. Any corner of a field would be suitable, overgrown by brambles etc... 5/10 m2
    The benefit for you is honey at the end of the season, and once you've tasted real honey you'll never settle for the supermarket stuff again.

I'm a member of a local beekeeping association, have suitable insurance as part of the Irish Beekeepers Association.
    Thanks and regards,
    Cormac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Yes very interested, I have a place for you. PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Clevedon

Cormac2010 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm a beekeeper looking for a place to keep a number of beehives. If you own or know someone who owns some land. Any corner of a field would be suitable, overgrown by brambles etc... 5/10 m2
    The benefit for you is honey at the end of the season, and once you've tasted real honey you'll never settle for the supermarket stuff again.

I'm a member of a local beekeeping association, have suitable insurance as part of the Irish Beekeepers Association.
    Thanks and regards,
    Cormac

Are you all sorted? As I would be very interested in speaking with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fersio

Hey there,

I am looking for a place to put a beehive in the Dublin area. I live in the city centre and have no garden so it is impossible for me to have it at home.

If anyone is interested in bees and their wonderful way to keep biodiversity by pollinating plants, trees and crops and has a small piece of land where the beehive can be put, please contact me.

If you have an orchard or any other plants that need the help of pollinators, the bees will definitely increase your crop.
    I would prefer somewhere easy to get by public transport or cycling from the Dublin city centre since I don't have a car.

I would need to do periodic visits every 7/14 days from April to August, and just a couple of visits at the beginning of the autumn and end of the winter.

Bees are not dangerous as some people may think (anyway I would get an insurance), they just do their work as long as they are not disturbed. And it is an endangered specie, there are no more wild bees in this country so it depends on us to save this wonderful animal.

Anyone interested??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Gah, I remember a similar request being posted a while ago but I can't remember if it was here, Louth or Meath.

**goes off on a search**

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Aha! I knew it!
    Beekeeper looking for a corner of a field to keep beehives
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks and regards,
    Cormac

Here a linkie to the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055864100

Maybe try contacting the OP to see if he was succesfull?

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

That's.... "Permission to put a beehive SIR!"

Thanks sNarah!! I'll try to contact them, just to see if there is a possibility for me... :)

I am also looking for a place to put a beehive...
    See thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65886963#post65886963
    I am member of the County Dublin Beekeepers Association.
    Did you find a place already? Any help/comments? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Beehive request threads merged.

HB

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I can get you access to some land between Swords and Ballyboughal . Plenty of brambles and not many people.

PM me for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cianer

Re-posting this reply to Fersio's thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055913647) as I noticed a couple of threads had been merged.

I'd be more than happy for you to put the hives in my garden. Its a half-acre so we can find somewhere for you to stick them in no problem. I live in Loughshinny near Skerries in the north of Dublin, and its serviced by the number 33 bus. Don't know if that's too far out for you. Drop me a pm if that's any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MVK

Hi All

I am a new beekeeper in the Glasnevin area and am looking for somewhere to put a beehive. If you own or know someone who owns some land. Any corner of a field or plot would be suitable. I am a member of the local Beekeepers Association and am covered by insurance.

Thanks and regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paddy2uk

Hi all,
    On a slightly different tangient, I've got some land but would like to start keeping my own bee's on it. Are there any experienced Beekeepers in the Dublin 7 area interested in being my mentor as i start.
    I know its the wrong time of year but id like to get ready for spring if possible.
    Thanks a million
    Aaron

Try the Dublin City forum if you don't have any luck here.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hiho1967

Just bumping this to see if anyone in mayo is looking somewhere to put beehives. I have some land there and hoping to get a few hives myself in spring and could do with someone with experience showing me the ropes. They can put theyre hives there for free

You really should try posting in the Mayo forum if you haven't done so already.

tHB

Advertisement