Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BMW X5 battery discharge

• 24-03-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Has any one any experience of BMW X5 battery discharge. I have a 2007 3.0d and the battery keeps discharging to the point that I get warned of “Increased Battery Discharge!” by the onboard computer. On the latest occurrence, having recharged the battery for three days, I was told that BMW would not accept a warranty claim for a replacement battery as the battery had been charged to the requisite level on the third attempt.I was given the attached document, entitled “Unfavourable Customer Usage”. I do not accept that I undertake an unusual number of short trips, I live in Foxrock and commute to Bray on the M50 twice a day. The car is never left for long periods without usage. Since the first occurrence, I have not used energy hungry features such as heated seats or rear window demister. I do not think that it is acceptable that I am now being considered to use my car infrequently, (first registered August 2007, currently 68,000km on odometer, or 2,400km per month), or that it should be necessary to charge the battery to ensure the car continues to operate.
    I have had to charge the battery again in the last week, less than a month since Joe Duffy had it for three days. Any Ideas :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

Any other issues electrical gremlins over the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dublindave2

C Eng wrote: »
    Any other issues electrical gremlins over the last few weeks
    No other issues. This seems to be a widespread issue with X5's. I know of two other people with the same problem.

Advertisement