Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get cans of beer/booze?

Options
  • 24-03-2010 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Hey folks. Sudden invite to go out later, have to show up with something to drink and I'm absolutely brassic - skint to the maximum! Where can I get really cheap cans of beer, anywhere doing a can of beer for a euro, or similar? Sorry to sound like such a desperate alcoholic, I just don't want to show up with my hand out and nothing of my own to drink!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Lidl or aldi.

Wrong forum section by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Sorry, wasn't sure where to post, not familiar with the bargain section and in a bit of a rush as this is all a bit last minute and now I've to rush out the door!

Further apologies to whatever mods will prolly have to come and move my post now :eek:

Do you know what kind of deals they have in there? Will it be cheaper than my local tesco or spar? Lidl/Aldi is a bit of a trek from here but if its worth it its worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

O'Briens is fairly cheap. Cans of Carlsberg 1 euro there at the moment. Hollandia 95 cent isn't that bad a beer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

booze2go... Loads of branches around dublin city..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dunnes have 24 bottles of miller for 17.99 or 20 budweiser for 21 euro

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    Wrong forum section by the way...

It's not an accident. Everyone knows that you're going to get more views and responses in the main forum rather than the request sub forum. Therefore we keep getting these "accidents" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

It's not an accident. Everyone knows that you're going to get more views and responses in the main forum rather than the request sub forum. Therefore we keep getting these "accidents" ;)
    ah now, the lad had an emergency on his hands and he only joined last month. its not so easy to see the requests sub forum

adamski8 wrote: »
    ah now, the lad had an emergency on his hands and he only joined last month. its not so easy to see the requests sub forum
    Actually if you took a second to look at the forum you'd see "Requests" emblazoned at the top. Also you'd see all the other threads weren't people looking for things but people posting offers. Therefore I don't think ignorance is a good enough excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Actually if you took a second to look at the forum you'd see "Requests" emblazoned at the top. Also you'd see all the other threads weren't people looking for things but people posting offers. Therefore I don't think ignorance is a good enough excuse.

Who cares? Why you making such an issue of it?

Advertisement