Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your involvement with animals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Have always grown up with animals, currently have 3 cats and 3 dogs. Took redundancy last year and went back to do a Veterinary Assistant course in September which includes one full day as week work experience in a veterinary practice. Have applied to do Veterinary Nursing next year, so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I currently just have 2 dogs and 2 cats, but growing up we had lots of pets including:
    Fancy rats, Gerbils, Guinea pigs, Rabbits, Hamster, gold fish and other cold water fish, Terapins(briefly) and a small snake for about an hour, my brother threatened to leave home if dad let me keep it(I was happy with this but dad said it would just cause problems with social services:p), cats and dogs.
    I would love more pets, both cats and dogs, maybe some smallies but the time is not right at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Firstly, I'm a pet owner. I own rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, ducks, dogs and cats. I also do pet sitting for small animals (as far as I know, we are one of the only, if not only, people who do pet sitting for small animals).

www.clarepetsitting.webs.com

I also run a forum for Irish rabbit owners, which has been fairly successful, it has been running for about a year and we have gotten quite a few members.

www.irishrabbits.proboards.com

I also have taken in a few stray kittens, got them to a vet, fed them up and got them good homes.

I plan to study Vet. Nursing in about a year, can't wait, I have never wanted to do anything else. I am not even thinking about careers that don't involve animals, that would be pure torture for me :p

Advertisement