Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman knocked down

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

gihj wrote: »
    I suggest you go read his post again then.
    He clearly states his issue is with the disruption.
    He also only mentions how a serious incident would impact on city traffic,and not safety.
    My issue is not with Kess.
    I suggest you get down of your soap box "horse".

Ha, the hypocrisy of your last statement :rolleyes:

It's unfortunate there was an accident but the disruption should be controlled and limited as much as possible by the gardai. You seem to think the opposite out of respect for the injured person, and that we should all hold hands and pray that they're Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Berty wrote: »
    People seem to be assuming that the truck driver either went out of his way to knock her down or she jumped under the front of his truck.

It was obviously an accident
    You drive a lot too Berty, you know an accident still has a guilty party, its not deliberate but I'm wondering who was at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

zuroph wrote: »
    You drive a lot too Berty, you know an accident still has a guilty party, its not deliberate but I'm wondering who was at fault.

I did until I lost my job and my company car on Friday.

The road is for cars and pedestrians do not have right of way until the road is marked like pelican crossing, zebra crossing etc. Until I hear evidence the truck driver was eating a roll, watching tv, on the mobile phone or anything else that would be careless driving then I will assume the woman is at fault for walking into his blind spot.

I drove a truck and pedestrians, cyclists and motorist should wise up to the fact truck drivers CANNOT see everything let alone people darting across Henry Street without warning.(Which is normally the case in Limerick)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Bad one. Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Bad one. Sorry to hear that.

+1 Best of luck on the job hunt Berty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There's a sales position with AD Canal Car & Tractor Spares advertised in today's Leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭pab_lowe

The road is for cars and pedestrians do not have right of way until the road is marked like pelican crossing, zebra crossing etc. Until I hear evidence the truck driver was eating a roll, watching tv, on the mobile phone or anything else that would be careless driving then I will assume the woman is at fault for walking into his blind spot.

I drove a truck and pedestrians, cyclists and motorist should wise up to the fact truck drivers CANNOT see everything let alone people darting across Henry Street without warning.(Which is normally the case in Limerick)

Very sorry to hear you lost your job.
    However, your attitude in your post is frightening, particularly in that you drive a truck. If a pedestrian, cyclist or other road user (and they do have rights to be on the road too) are injured by a vehicle, it doesn't do anyone any good to say they that they got what was coming because they were wrong! As a driver of a larger and potentially dangerous vehicle you, (I don't mean you specifically) have a responsibility to drive at a speed and with a caution appropriate to not being able to see everything as you put it.

pab_lowe wrote: »
    However, your attitude in your post is frightening, particularly in that you drive a truck. If a pedestrian, cyclist or other road user (and they do have rights to be on the road too) are injured by a vehicle, it doesn't do anyone any good to say they that they got what was coming because they were wrong! As a driver of a larger and potentially dangerous vehicle you, (I don't mean you specifically) have a responsibility to drive at a speed and with a caution appropriate to not being able to see everything as you put it.

Nobody said the truck was speeding. At that hour of the day it would be difficult.

You seemed to read between the lines with my post. I was saying that pedestrians do not have the RIGHT TO the road not that they have no rights on the road. They must yield to traffic unless, like I said through pelican crossings etc, traffic is yielding for them legally.

Otherwise they should not be stepping out in front of traffic, let alone a truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sorry about the job Berty.
    I'd be inclined to suspect the woman was at fault also, but I'd prefer to hear any eye witness accounts, etc. there is a chance he broke a light, but its more likely its a pedestrian error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

how about pedestrian crossingsaa such as the one the accident happened at. there is noting to say that she didnt have the right of way. drivers seem to think thay own the road. this is not true. if you are driving you should be driving at a speed that you can easily come to a hault if need be. it is easy to speed in town even at peak times. lots of people break lights aswell which really annoys me. amber means stop unless you cant. it does not mean speed up.

no matter what all we know is it was an unfortunate accident. it looked like the truck was moving at a bit of speed or else the truck was reversed after the accident. it looked like the lady landed 6 or 7 yards on front of the truck. didnt notice tyre marks doh. someone here said she broke both her legs??? hopefully thats the worst that has happened and she will make a full recovery. i feel bad for the truck driver aswell because even if he isnt at fault he will still feel guilty

• Advertisement

Like I said earlier.
    Berty wrote:
    Until I hear evidence the truck driver was eating a roll, watching tv, on the mobile phone or anything else that would be careless driving then I will assume the woman is at fault for walking into his blind spot.

So Im assuming she was jaywalking until I hear otherwise.

Like I said earlier.

assuming she is in the wrong is the same as assuming he is

you cant until you hear evidence say that she was at fault.

maybe he tried to speed up when he seen amber and coudnt slow down on time.

your statment is idiotic at best. no offence mate but assuming she is wrong and refusing to think he could be is narrowminded

Like I said earlier.

In all fairness and this is just my opinion; Arbitrary conclusions which are based on a incomplete picture of an event are not sound.

- Arbitrary conclusions which are knowingly based on a incomplete portion of an event is just being plain foolish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Icky Thump wrote: »
    assuming she is in the wrong is the same as assuming he is

you cant until you hear evidence say that she was at fault.

maybe he tried to speed up when he seen amber and coudnt slow down on time.

How'd you know her name was Amber?

Any miniature amber infraction cards in Billy's collection I wonder?

:D

Advertisement